News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Annoy Mod

Started by Venom637, November 07, 2009, 04:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venom637

Quote from: Antechinus on November 08, 2009, 01:15:57 AM
Specifically, the edits to Load.php will have to be done manually but the rest can be done with the package manager.

Venom637, you do not edit the xml files in the mod package. Leave the mod itself alone. Just upload the unedited zip.

If you attach a copy of your current Load.php someone can do the edits to that file for you. To install the mod you will need to run the installation using the package manager and then ftp the edited Load.php file into place.
Okay, I have it uploaded already, but I'll upload the php file. I hope it's the right one.

Antechinus

Nope. Sources/Load.php. The file that is failing the pre-installation test. We aren't interested in any other files.

Download Sources/Load.php from your server and attach that. :)

Venom637

The only php files I have aside from the one I sent are

install20rc2.php
install20rc12.php
I don't know which one you need

Antechinus

Oi! Not files from the mod zip. I don't care about the contents of the mod zip. I want the file your mod is trying and failing to edit.

That file is called Load.php and it lives inside the Sources folder of your forum. Ergo, Sources/Load.php. Get it. Me want. kthnx. :)

Venom637

Oh okay lol sorry.. I'm not real good at this stuff.. this is one of those times I realy miss having my other admin.. he knew all about this kind of stuff. Here it is

Antechinus

Ok, this should be fine. Note that because it has the edits applied to it, if you load this file the pre-installation test will still show it as failed (because it is already done so the mod can't do it, if that makes sense).

So, go to the package manager and install the mod regardless. As soon as it is done use your ftp to load this edited copy of Sources/Load.php into place. The result should be a working mod.

Venom637

Quote from: Antechinus on November 08, 2009, 05:24:00 AM
Ok, this should be fine. Note that because it has the edits applied to it, if you load this file the pre-installation test will still show it as failed (because it is already done so the mod can't do it, if that makes sense).

So, go to the package manager and install the mod regardless. As soon as it is done use your ftp to load this edited copy of Sources/Load.php into place. The result should be a working mod.
Top half doesn't make sense, but I get the bottom part lol. Thanks for the help though

Advertisement: