News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Recurring Payment

Started by w1z8it, November 08, 2009, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w1z8it

Any way to disable this by default, or better still remove it completely?

Alot of my members are getting confused as I do nto have a business PayPal account it's sending them to an error pages even though I have a guide explaining that "Recurring Payment" should be unchecked, you can lead a horse to water kinda thing you know, so can this be done by modding the code somehow?

H

I'm not aware if this is possible or not, however would it not just be easier to get a business paypal account? It takes a few seconds to do and you don't actually have to be a business in order to be eligible.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

w1z8it

Quote from: H on November 08, 2009, 05:16:41 PM
I'm not aware if this is possible or not, however would it not just be easier to get a business paypal account? It takes a few seconds to do and you don't actually have to be a business in order to be eligible.

Edit: Right upgraded to business, now I get this error from subscriptions if I leave "Recurring Payment" checked:

QuoteReturn to Merchant

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

So this is just easier to remove it, there must be a way to edit the code and somehow remove it?

H

Does this problem persist with RC2?
So far you're the only person I'm aware of with this error although I'm not sure what you could have set differently to cause this
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

hadesflames

On a side note I would like to point out that for people wanting business benefits who are not really business but just single people, they should upgrade to premier account instead of business.

As for your error, I don't know how you are managing to do that as I could not reproduce it, however you can disable recurring payments in your subscriptions.

Go to Admin > Members > Paid Subscriptions...

Modify your subscriptions and there should be something that says "Allow user to auto-renew this subscription:"

Untick that. Recurring payments should now be disabled. You should also do this for any new subscriptions you want to add if you don't want them to be recurring.

Advertisement: