SMF2 RC2 / Curve - iPhone Display Issue

Started by hansdampf, November 09, 2009, 10:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansdampf

First of all congratz for this brilliant release. Curve is awesome and, on the whole, I'm impressed!

However, there seem to be some display issues with Safari on the iPhone (I wasn't able to reproduce it on my PC and Mac):

1. The first attached screenshot shows the info center at the very bottom of the forum. As you can see *some* topics are smaller than the others. The small ones are hardly readable on the iPhone without zooming. I was browsing the forums as a guest. Hence, it can't have anything to do with un/read posts.

2. The second screenshot shows two different postings in a discussion. Although both users didn't use any markups (I verified this by trying to edit the posts - just plain text; also checked the database) the text in the first posting ("frechheit.") is much smaller than the text in the second posting ("So ist es, Trainer!") which is the way it should be! Again, this is only happening on the iPhone.

searchgr

My members are complaining about it. There are many issues (like attachments) related to the safari/ iphone.

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Joshua Dickerson

Moving to fixed/bogus until someone can confirm it persists (I don't have an iPhone)
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Angelina Belle

In my unscientific tests here at simplemachines.org, where SMF 2.0.2 is running, I do not see the problems described by hansdampf.

If anyone is still having such problems, please provide a link. And a test account, if appropriate.
Thanks
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: