Distinct

Started by Shortie, November 10, 2009, 09:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shortie

Link to the theme

Distinct

Distinct is a fully Curve compliant Theme incorporating all the new features of SMF 2.x RC2

Features include

5 x Colours - the selection menu can be disabled by administrators and default scheme selected
XHTML Valid
Fluid design
Dual menu - One conventional and one click in - click out sidebar which is fixed for convenience - but can be removed by a simple edit
And the list goes on

So why not try it :D :D

There will be an Ultimate version available but due to size limitations it will only be available from GraphicsMayhem so come one over and check out any new developments to the "Distinct Ultimate" Theme.

So - for any support, suggestions and just general Chit Chat visit us at the link above.

I could go on for ever but the best bet is to try it and any comments etc just let me know

Shortie

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

busterone

Another nice one there Shortie. :)

livedown

Awesome theme, and thanks for the update!

Also i have a question... Can you change the colors of the topic when they are "Locked" to something other than the color used for "Stickied" topics???

Here is an Example of what i mean... the cURVE THEME HAS TWO DIFFERENT colors for them.

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!

Shortie

Thanks Guys

Update for the Sticky etc has been uploaded

If you just want the CSS files they are attached in the ZIP

Shortie

by designer

Shortie

Thanks my friend

Shortie

bullbreedluverz

great work shortie, really good design

Shortie

Quote from: stikkki on November 11, 2009, 06:17:12 AM
great work shortie, really good design

Just trying things different as most just change the colours and stuff I want something different

CURVE is powerful and I am still getting my head around it

BUT Do note none of my other theme with be ported They will be re-written as that way I they can take advantage of all the new features

MistyBlueTwo is on it way

Shortie

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: Shortie on November 11, 2009, 06:27:45 AM

CURVE is powerful and I am still getting my head around it

i know what you mean, i started my first curve based theme yesterday (for my own site) and its a whole new ball game compared to core.... think it will be a while yet before i release any curve themes lol

Shortie

It will be quicker than you think just have to forget the old ways :D :D

bullbreedluverz

good thing im old n forgetfull then...... lol

Shortie

Hi All

Just to keep you updated while I continue to develop this theme

There is currently a Thread here at GM where we are discussing ways of improving it

So if you would like to join in just pop over

As there is soooooooo much in CURVE / RC2  that I can not test everything but would love to here you input

Shortie

Jed C

very nice i likey
just a couple of question for now shortie  ;)
1. can the default blue theme be changed to another colour

2. the usual one how to remove the smflogo

Jed C

forget that post i found them LOL
very cool theme  8)

Shortie

No Problem

There is now a compact version available which is a lot tighter on the amount of space used

It can be found at GraphicsMayhem

Shortie

FiveSeven

Very tight,...like this one a lot...keep up the good work Shortie... 8)

ATICE

I like the theme, but it seems to have too much padding.

Shortie

Hi ATICE

What do you actually mean by too much padding

If it is the edge borders then we can change in the CSS

Shortie

Dawni

SWEET THEME...

I have one small question, if I may. Can the font size of topics, posts, (pretty much most of the text) be changed from 8pt to at least 10pt? (News Fader is fine at it's current font size)

My eyes just aren't what they used to be anymore  ;)

Shortie

Just open each of the CSS files

And change the body font size from 70% to what ever size you require NOTE this will push some of the padding as well but can be increased to about 90% no problem

Shortie

Dawni

Much appreciate. Again, great skin~!~ We love it  ;D

PS ~ Increasing to 80% is great, but I think I'm gonna pump it down a half click to 75% & call it good.

Shortie

Hi Ya

Glad it worked out all right

The reason for doing it this way is that if you set you browser to increase the text size it should - I say SHOULD have the same effect

Also if you pop over to GraphicsMayhem There is a more compact version which may be of interest to you

Shortie

Jed C

cheers Shortie worked a treat  8)

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Dawni on November 20, 2009, 05:22:50 AM
SWEET THEME...

I have one small question, if I may. Can the font size of topics, posts, (pretty much most of the text) be changed from 8pt to at least 10pt? (News Fader is fine at it's current font size)
You and I are in the same boat, and I was hoping to request a lightened up version.  I've already tried to rework the Purple and the Gray options to make things easier on people with eye situations, but some stuff stubbornly remains too dark.

If the author would kindly come up with a version that is kinder to people with eye issues, it would be greatly appreciated.
My eyes just aren't what they used to be anymore  ;)
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Mcboon

Sweet Theme, and it works a treat on my website. Thanks a bundle as I destroyed my last attempt of trying to create a theme.

hxxp:www.gatheringofdisorder.co.uk [nonactive]

ATLANTIS29

how do you remove the SMF logo the abov poster never said how he did it ?

Shortie

Go Admin

Current theme

And in the slogan input box add a space

Shortie

Hally_89

Hi i am using the Distinct Theme on my website but im having a few problems within the topics and pictures of a large size. When a topic is made and people comment down along etc its fine but if someone adds a large picture the whole topic gets bigger and goes out of the theme like this

and again here because there is large pictures down along the topic

Now when i was on 1.1.11 i had a scroll bar to move across the post that has the large picture and the rest of the topic would stay the way it should but this isnt the case here and im wondering if someone would know how to add this scroll bar or know what i have to do to fix it please.
Brian

Antechinus

This would be better asked in the support thread for that theme as it is not SMF 2.0 as such. ;)

Hally_89

Ok can someone move it for me or will i just lock it and make a new one in the support thread?

Zoric

lol nice im love black realy nice !!! ;D ;D ;D

Hally_89

Can someone tell what i need to add so that the scroll bar will work please?? I cant even delete messages now because the delete button is off the theme

Shortie

Do you have a linkt to you site and I will have a look

Shortie

P.S.

What version of SMF are you running

Hally_89

Ya heres the link. http://www.simsolutionsireland.com/index.php
Im on 2.0rc2 the latest version. Ive sent you a PM

Chazz CC

I seem to have run out of room in my nav bar with all the installed mods...

Can you recommend an aesthetically pleasing fix for this please???  ;D

Shortie

The only real way is to drop the font size

Have a look at the CSS if you are having difficulties give me a shout

Shortie

Chazz CC

Quote from: Shortie on December 31, 2009, 12:38:19 PM
The only real way is to drop the font size

Have a look at the CSS if you are having difficulties give me a shout

Shortie

I kinda thought that would be the fix & did this to increase the font size in posts, because they were too small.

At what portion of the css sheets would decrease the font size that would affect only the nav bar?

Wyrda Ebrithil

hey shortie... could you fix this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=357506.new;topicseen#new

please and thank you ;)

Edit: Could you also make it so that you side bar menu is above the collapsible button for the left panel of portamx?

KensonPlays

Chazz CC:
I have exact same problem!
(battle mod, articles mod, buddy page, avea media, links mod, donations, Ajaxchat, Custom tab: "RULES" created by the "The Rules" mod)

I know, and I have like 50 mods installed, and more to come later!

Shortie, awesome mod! *SET TO NOTIFY

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

mtdesign

Where would we edit to make the layout wider?
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Hi Ya

Go admin >> Current Theme and there is a check box where you can enter the width value in percent or Pixels

Shortie

mtdesign

I am a Linux bug!

mtdesign

Hi. I would like to know how to remove the Menu on the side of the page if possible. I really like this theme it's awesome, but the side Menu I don't need on there now. Thanks!
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Hi Ya

This is very simple - as I thought more people would like to do this

In the themes index.template.php

Find

template_menu2 ();

and replace with this

// template_menu2 ();

Please remember to take a backup first

Let me know how you get on

Shortie

P.S. this also applies to the More_Distinct theme found at www.graphicsmayhem.com

mtdesign

Worked perfect thanks alot. I have one more question, hope im not being a pain. I wanted to make the site wider, and I changed the width in the Current Theme section of the administration panel but it only sends the width to the right. I was wondering is there a way to make it wider both left and right? The reason im asking is because it cuts off some of my images that have been placed in the forums. Thanks for the help.
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Can you give me a link where it is wrong so I can look as now you have removed the menu there is probably a padding issue

Shortie

mtdesign

I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Okay I have had a look see attached

Are you after removing some of the black space either side

Shortie

mtdesign

I got that figured out sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't figured out a way to make the site width wider on both sides though. I use the Current Theme setting and it just sets the width to the right..not the left and right., is there a way to do that?
I am a Linux bug!

j-kat

Hello Shortie, I was wondering if you have any gm themes ? I in a car club that is 1954 and under called Viejitos. Our forum looks very plan would like to find something very cool. Thanks for what every info you may be able to give.

Mcboon

Hi Shortie

With the Change to RC 3 will the theme still work  ???

Shortie

It all works

with the exception of the stats and polls

I am just updating it now so give me a little and I will get it fully functioning

Advertisement: