News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Distinct

Started by Shortie, November 10, 2009, 09:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdesign

Where would we edit to make the layout wider?
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Hi Ya

Go admin >> Current Theme and there is a check box where you can enter the width value in percent or Pixels

Shortie

mtdesign

I am a Linux bug!

mtdesign

Hi. I would like to know how to remove the Menu on the side of the page if possible. I really like this theme it's awesome, but the side Menu I don't need on there now. Thanks!
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Hi Ya

This is very simple - as I thought more people would like to do this

In the themes index.template.php

Find

template_menu2 ();

and replace with this

// template_menu2 ();

Please remember to take a backup first

Let me know how you get on

Shortie

P.S. this also applies to the More_Distinct theme found at www.graphicsmayhem.com

mtdesign

Worked perfect thanks alot. I have one more question, hope im not being a pain. I wanted to make the site wider, and I changed the width in the Current Theme section of the administration panel but it only sends the width to the right. I was wondering is there a way to make it wider both left and right? The reason im asking is because it cuts off some of my images that have been placed in the forums. Thanks for the help.
I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Can you give me a link where it is wrong so I can look as now you have removed the menu there is probably a padding issue

Shortie

mtdesign

I am a Linux bug!

Shortie

Okay I have had a look see attached

Are you after removing some of the black space either side

Shortie

mtdesign

I got that figured out sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't figured out a way to make the site width wider on both sides though. I use the Current Theme setting and it just sets the width to the right..not the left and right., is there a way to do that?
I am a Linux bug!

j-kat

Hello Shortie, I was wondering if you have any gm themes ? I in a car club that is 1954 and under called Viejitos. Our forum looks very plan would like to find something very cool. Thanks for what every info you may be able to give.

Mcboon

Hi Shortie

With the Change to RC 3 will the theme still work  ???

Shortie

It all works

with the exception of the stats and polls

I am just updating it now so give me a little and I will get it fully functioning

Advertisement: