News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabley

Here is the index.template.php from that theme.  Thanks.  8)

Quote from: mabley on December 16, 2009, 02:24:44 AM
I'm a big fan of this mod - thank you for your expertise and hard work! The role-playing community will be canonizing you as a saint.

We are using "Thing" by Nolt as a theme.  Now we are unable to see the Subaccount Drop Down.  Someone recommended going to the mod's parse page and making the appropriate changes to our theme's index.template.php.  When I did this (and double-checking a billion times for accuracy) it created an error that required me to replace the original index.template.php in order to see the forum again.

What more information can I provide to help you see what the trouble is?

akbora

Very big and excellent mod.
I ask a question I havent't upgraded to RC2 yet, is this mod only for admin or for everyone? Thanks
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

mirahalo

@akbora   this mod uses the smf permission system, that is, you can select what membergroup   can   
            Create SubAccounts   
   Delete SubAccounts   
   Merge SubAccounts   
   Unlink SubAccounts

also you can specified how many sub accounts a specific member group can have,  0 being unlimited

akbora

Very thanks.

Is this mod similar log in as user?

SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

mirahalo

Im afraid I dont understand you,  this mod adds the hability to create  a sub account, you could use this sub account   without  the need to log out, login again   if thats what you mean.

you just go to the top of your forum, where you avatar is  and next to your name theres a drop down list with all the sub accounts you created, select one and thats all, you can start posting with it

Arantor

It lets you quickly change users, so yes, you can log in as other users that you've set up as subaccounts of your own.

For example, you could have your main admin account and a non-admin account for testing, and have the non-admin account set as a subaccount. You could then switch accounts between the two with a few clicks.

akbora

I tried it. This is very very good mod.

I see only this problem. When switch another nick, this nick appears online list, this is very good, but when I go back main nick immediately disappears another nick form online list..

I mean that when another nick or nickes activate remain online list till forum setting. Thanks.

(sorry my english)
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Eliana Tamerin

That wouldn't be accurate, since, according to SMF, you are logging out of your main account and logging into your subaccount. SMF doesn't keep accounts listed in Who's Online once they log out.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

akbora

Another trouble (maybe my mistake) When I swithc sub account (existing member) this is ok. But if I go to parent account I am logging out.
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

LLlover

I think someone already mentioned something about this.  Does anyone know what causes it to redirect to blank.gif when trying to change back and forth between the parent and subaccounts?  This is the only problem I'm having with this great mod and it's been getting on my nerves a little.

Ncen

If i'm logged in on one account i Safari, and then opens Opera and logs in on my account, and change to SubAcc, and then refresh the page in Safari. then the SubAcc is marked offline even though i haven't logged out in Opera. I refresh in opera, and the MainAccount (which i have open in Safari) is marked offline. And i want both of them marked Online. Since i'm using both. MainAcc in Safari, SubAcc in Opera. :)

mabley

I have been unable to resolve the issue I brought up earlier in this thread.  Can someone have a look? 

I've been asking around and poking and experimenting, but haven't been able to make any headway on my own.  Please advise, if you can.  Thank you!

Caltan

You need to add $scripturl and $user_info to the global string of your template_init function.   It's mentioned on page 4 of this thread, I believe.

ETA: I lied, page 3.  :)  Here is the specific post.

mabley

Thanks everyone. This fixes it!

~DS~

Actually I am having problem with this mod the second time I installed.  :-\
Last time I installed it with no problem. Uninstalled it because it crashed the server when I switch my master account to a guess account. No problem when switching with the same membergroup.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Atomic Blaze

Are there any plans to include a dropdown in the lo-fi reply page?
Trick number one, looketh over there. Doth endeth the trick.

Follow me on Twitter!

Party Llama || GitHub

Eliana Tamerin

Lo-Fi? Do you mean WAP2/imode? Or Dragooon's new Curve Mobile?
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

KensonPlays

@SlammedDime: i already do: USER: test PASS: test (this user cannot post on my site, as it is a account for just this reason)

ATTACHED IMAGE: Looks something like that

EDIT:
I am using another theme...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Atomic Blaze

Trick number one, looketh over there. Doth endeth the trick.

Follow me on Twitter!

Party Llama || GitHub

shoepixie

Hey, thanks for this awesome mod!  Sadly, I haven't been able to get it to install: I get errors every time.  I've just upgraded to RC2 (mostly just for this mod :P) and have only installed the mods I had before...none of them seem like they would muck this one, but what do I know?  Does anyone know of any mods that conflict with this?  What could I do to get it to install correctly?

Advertisement: