Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

There were no major schema changes between RC2 and RC3, however there were numerous major code changes, which is the reason it fails to work.

Aiko

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for answering WhiteFire and Arantor. This is sad, I am  ready to up grade to RC3 but I have this mod installed right now. MY Rpg won't be the same without it. :(
Using SMF RC4

WhiteFire Sondergaard

Thankfully my project is so deep in development that it does not yet matter for me. And thanks for the correction, details about the problems I had are kinda fuzzy now. Too much JavaScript melts my brain.

ishy

I am eagerly awaiting the update for this as well. Next time I might not upgrade again until it's ready to use.

skeletonkiss

Is there -any- ideas on when this will be updated? I have an rpg forum that is definitely itching to use it!

Arantor

Quote from: skeletonkiss on May 10, 2010, 05:03:55 PM
Is there -any- ideas on when this will be updated? I have an rpg forum that is definitely itching to use it!

When the author has time, unfortunately.

Robin1989

im looking forward to this been updated soon hopefully as i plan on upgrading to rc3 in a couple of weeks

C4G-TK

I only had two tests fail when I emulated with RC2 to try to install on my RC3 forum.

The first was the fifth edit in ManagePermissions.php file and the second was the 2nd edit in the Display.template.php file

Try searching for the partial code of:
'modify_replies',

and then completing the edit by adding after:
'subaccounts_create',
'subaccounts_delete',
'subaccounts_merge',
'subaccounts_split',

Then, in DisplayTemplate.php file try searching for:
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="', $context['browser']['is_ie8'] ? 'max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%' : 'width: 100%', '; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"></textarea>

and then completing the edit by replacing with:
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="', $context['browser']['is_ie8'] ? 'max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%' : 'width: 100%', '; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"></textarea><br />';
if (!empty($user_info['subaccounts']))
{
echo '
<strong>', $txt['use_subaccount'], ':</strong> <select name="subaccount">
<option value="', $user_info['id'], '" selected="selected">', $user_info['name'], '</option>';
foreach($user_info['subaccounts'] as $account)
echo '
<option value="', $account['id'], '">', $account['name'], '</option>';
echo '
</select>';
}

echo '

I will let you know how it goes, if this doesn't work.

Update:
Well, it actually created a new member!  The only slight problem are the three textboxes under the Manage SubAccounts portion under PROFILE.  After selecting a new name, the box goes blank when you hit tab to go to the next box, so you can't see what you typed and you aren't aware that you are on the next block.  But, you are where you select the password.  But, once you hit tab for a second time, it does it again, so you don't realize you went to the third box.  After typing in the password a 2nd time, you tab and hit CREATE LINK and it worked as shown.  It just might be a little confusing to most people since you aren't aware where you are in the process.

Pic attached of newly created account under profile, but it did not show in Member List despite having the setting set to do so.  But, it is mostly functional on RC3 and no errors are pulling.

-img removed-

Aiko

For those of us who have RP's this mod is so essential. Is there no one who can take it over maybe? :(
Using SMF RC4

Gen200

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 17, 2010, 02:57:32 PM
I only had two tests fail when I emulated with RC2 to try to install on my RC3 forum.

The first was the fifth edit in ManagePermissions.php file and the second was the 2nd edit in the Display.template.php file

Try searching for the partial code of:
'modify_replies',

and then completing the edit by adding after:
'subaccounts_create',
'subaccounts_delete',
'subaccounts_merge',
'subaccounts_split',

Then, in DisplayTemplate.php file try searching for:
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="', $context['browser']['is_ie8'] ? 'max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%' : 'width: 100%', '; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"></textarea>

and then completing the edit by replacing with:
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="', $context['browser']['is_ie8'] ? 'max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%' : 'width: 100%', '; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"></textarea><br />';
if (!empty($user_info['subaccounts']))
{
echo '
<strong>', $txt['use_subaccount'], ':</strong> <select name="subaccount">
<option value="', $user_info['id'], '" selected="selected">', $user_info['name'], '</option>';
foreach($user_info['subaccounts'] as $account)
echo '
<option value="', $account['id'], '">', $account['name'], '</option>';
echo '
</select>';
}

echo '

I will let you know how it goes, if this doesn't work.

Update:
Well, it actually created a new member!  The only slight problem are the three textboxes under the Manage SubAccounts portion under PROFILE.  After selecting a new name, the box goes blank when you hit tab to go to the next box, so you can't see what you typed and you aren't aware that you are on the next block.  But, you are where you select the password.  But, once you hit tab for a second time, it does it again, so you don't realize you went to the third box.  After typing in the password a 2nd time, you tab and hit CREATE LINK and it worked as shown.  It just might be a little confusing to most people since you aren't aware where you are in the process.

Pic attached of newly created account under profile, but it did not show in Member List despite having the setting set to do so.  But, it is mostly functional on RC3 and no errors are pulling.

Actually, I got Subaccounts fully functional in RC3 with just that second replacement. No errors or anything like you describe, it works pretty perfectly. I just emulated RC2, installed the mod, and did the replacement edit in "display.template.php", which was the only failed test, and it worked wonderfully. They don't show up on the Dynamic Memberlist, though they do show up on the default memberlist.

ishy

Quote from: Gen200 on May 23, 2010, 02:48:58 AMActually, I got Subaccounts fully functional in RC3 with just that second replacement. No errors or anything like you describe, it works pretty perfectly. I just emulated RC2, installed the mod, and did the replacement edit in "display.template.php", which was the only failed test, and it worked wonderfully. They don't show up on the Dynamic Memberlist, though they do show up on the default memberlist.

Yes, me too. It's working quite happily now.

Sabre™

Very nice mod.
I made a few alterations to suit myself and of course the few edits needed to function on RC3, and I am very happy with the result.

Good job SlammedDime, and thanks mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

C4G-TK

I did emulate RC2 in my install, but I see why my edit in ManagePermissions.php isn't needed now.  I went in and placed it earlier in the code where "'modify_replies'," was located and not later on in the code when it was located again. 

Ultimate Profile adds a line between the...
'move_own',
'modify_replies',

and I never checked, so I just placed it where I first came across "'modify_replies',".

QuoteUpdate:
The only slight problem are the three textboxes under the Manage SubAccounts portion under PROFILE.  After selecting a new name, the box goes blank when you hit tab to go to the next box, so you can't see what you typed and you aren't aware that you are on the next block.  But, you are where you select the password.  But, once you hit tab for a second time, it does it again, so you don't realize you went to the third box.  After typing in the password a 2nd time, you tab and hit CREATE LINK and it worked as shown.  It just might be a little confusing to most people since you aren't aware where you are in the process.

What I mean is that you can't tell that your cursor has moved into the next block when creating a new account name.   So, someone may get confused where they are along in the process.  If your cursor shows up in the textbox, let me know.

-img removed-

Ifaina

How does one Emulate RC2? I've been poking around for an idea of how to do so. Help please?

C4G-TK

Quote from: Ifaina on May 29, 2010, 05:16:27 AM
How does one Emulate RC2? I've been poking around for an idea of how to do so. Help please?

Go into ADMIN > PACKAGES

at the bottom of the BROWSE PACKAGES page, you will see a tab called ADVANCED
click on ADVANCED and a larger menu on that page will open

Where it says Emulate, change the RC3 to RC2 and apply or save.

Upload the package as normal and install.

After you are finished, go back and change it back to RC3 and apply/save

-img removed-

Ifaina

Bah! For the life of me I can't find the original edits I was supposed to make. I made the change to make it compatible with rc3 but I can't find the other edits I KNOW I was supposed to make.

ishy

It was working alright on RC3 for awhile, but now no one can using the top dropdown box to switch.  It's like it partially switches, but doesn't completely. The name shows up in the Who's Online, but you are still on the main account.

skeletonkiss

I'm running 2.0 RC3, and just lastnight installed the sub accounts mod (using the fix someone posted.)

Now, when a new member joins or creates a sub account, I receive two emails saying the new member has joined. I'm assuming something got duplicated somewhere, but I have no idea what file to look in.

Can someone help me?

Aiko

Since this mod already exists for previous versions, will it still be okay if I offered to pay for an official RC3 upgrade?
Using SMF RC4

mirahalo

Quote from: Aiko on June 09, 2010, 01:58:46 PM
Since this mod already exists for previous versions, will it still be okay if I offered to pay for an official RC3 upgrade?

the mod can be installed on a RC3 forum, I already did on my,  try to emulete version Rc2 on the package manager, I cant remember clearly but its just two or so minimum changes and you can do that by hand.

Advertisement: