News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goss

I installed the mod on my SMF 2.0 RC4 forum and while Administrators can create subaccounts, members do not have access to that options window in their profile.  I've checked the permissions and they do have permissions to create and unlink subaccounts.

Any ideas?

Edit: Okay, it's actually a particular member who is having problems.  She's getting the access denied message on all of her accounts that she has checked so far.  No other members have reported an issue yet.  The permissions are all properly set and other players in the same group can access the panel. 

Goss

Oh, and a second issue now.  If a player tries to switch between subaccounts on the board index, it comes up with a white page with the following error:

QuoteNot Found

The requested URL /forum/action=forum was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Switching works on the portal (I'm using Simpleportal) and in boards and seemingly anywhere else on the forum.  Just on the index does it give this error.

SlammedDime

I'm still looking into the issue with SimplePortal (I assume you're using my SimpleSEF mod too?)... I'm having to reinstall all of my test SMF installs on my PC due to a rogue script that accidentally deleted them all.  As for the one user having issues... I can't imagine it's an issue with the mod itself (it won't selectively choose a user and just deny them)... have you specifically denied the permission of subaccounts to any group?  If so, is this user a member of any of those groups? (this would include post count groups if you have enabled permissions for them too)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Goss

I'm actually not using your SimpleSEF mod.  And from what my members are saying, the error seems to come and go? 

And as for the permissions, I messed around with them a bit and managed to fix some other permission problems.  I'm going to have to wait for this member to come online again though to see if they've been fixed for her too.  But I don't have denied permissions or post count group permissions enabled.

Goss

Probably a silly question, but where is the Dual post counts on parent profile option?  I could have sworn I had seen it somewhere before (though I was using the previous version then), but I can't seem to find it now.  I'm using the latest version of the mod.

Bugo

Small visual bug in block titles — see screenshot.

» мιsтєя мιsғιт «

Can I hjave the install for RC3 please? I'm not upgrading to RC4 .. my forum to heavily modified.

SlammedDime

I never had a version for RC3, so I don't have one to give you.  I'd strongly recommend upgrading, regardless of how modded your board is.  There are security issues that were fixed for RC4 that are very important.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

» мιsтєя мιsғιт «

Oh, dang. Yeah I guess but that would mean uninstalling all my mods and losing all the settings and not to mention all the custom hacks... :| I hate upgrading, lol.

Goss

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4.  We recently went and cleaned out a bunch of inactive accounts on my forum.  This is something we due somewhat regularly for our game.  Basically, we deleted them through the member list in the Admin Panel.  Subaccounts and some parent accounts were deleted.  A few days later I went and looked at our listing of subaccounts and it looked like this.  As you can see, there seems to be a bunch of blank entries.  Sometimes there is also a subaccount that does not have a parent account listed.  Do you think this is going to make bad things happen to my database?  o.o

Mari-chi

When I try to log in with one of the subaccounts, I get the message, "You cannot login with a subaccount. Only the parent account may be used to login."

How can I change the setting so that it allows me to log in with a subaccount? I can't switch between users, because the theme that I have installed won't enable me to edit, or add missing files (ex. boardindex.template.php).

My board's link is http://audeamusrpg.com/forums

If anyone can tell me how I can do either of those (login with a subaccount, or add the dropdown menu on my header which will allow me to switch between my parent account and subaccounts), I would be really greatful.

SlammedDime

Quote from: Goss on December 11, 2010, 04:05:07 PM
I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4.  We recently went and cleaned out a bunch of inactive accounts on my forum.  This is something we due somewhat regularly for our game.  Basically, we deleted them through the member list in the Admin Panel.  Subaccounts and some parent accounts were deleted.  A few days later I went and looked at our listing of subaccounts and it looked like this.  As you can see, there seems to be a bunch of blank entries.  Sometimes there is also a subaccount that does not have a parent account listed.  Do you think this is going to make bad things happen to my database?  o.o
Looks like I forgot to add some code to remove the links from the subaccounts table... it shouldn't be an issue... the subaccounts likely don't exist any more, but the links to them still exist in a separate table.  It's not detrimental.

Quote from: marijang on December 21, 2010, 08:25:47 PM
When I try to log in with one of the subaccounts, I get the message, "You cannot login with a subaccount. Only the parent account may be used to login."

How can I change the setting so that it allows me to log in with a subaccount? I can't switch between users, because the theme that I have installed won't enable me to edit, or add missing files (ex. boardindex.template.php).

My board's link is http://audeamusrpg.com/forums

If anyone can tell me how I can do either of those (login with a subaccount, or add the dropdown menu on my header which will allow me to switch between my parent account and subaccounts), I would be really greatful.

This is by-design.  I don't recall the issue off hand, but there was something going screwy when someone tried to log in with a Subaccount rather than the parent so I disabled this ability.

As for adding the drop down to your custom theme, everything is possible, so if it's not working right, you should ask the Theme author why you can't edit or add files to the theme.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Mari-chi

Ohh, I see; okay, the part about not allowing people to log in with their subaccounts makes sense. I'm still having difficulty getting in contact with dzine studio. :( I posted two messages on their forum, but no one seems to be responding...

This is a screenshot of the files that came with that particular theme: h t t p : / / i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/irinaqueer/misc/f0a50ecb.png (without the spaces in "http://"). As you can see, there are some files missing (ex. "admin.template.php"). Is there anything that can be done for this?

I'd like for regular members to be able to change their own avatars, update info, etc., on their subaccounts. I can, as an admin, but that would be a lot of work. :S

Fixed, after a lot of trial and error + trying to learn the basics of PHP. I think it was mostly the former, though. :P

AnOracle

I love this mod, and this weirdness is hardly a deal-breaker, but I though I'd mention it.

I purged some inactive accounts the other day, and noticed this in the "Manage SubAccounts."

The number of blank lines is the same as the number of subaccounts that were purged. I tried today to purge a subaccount before the main account, but it still left a blank line.

hxxp:www.istaisland.com/misc/personal/bug.png [nonactive]

SlammedDime

That's the same issue that Goss reported above... it isn't detrimental to the board, its just left over data in a table (and a query that was constructed with a left join instead of a inner join)... i'll get it fixed with the next release of the mod that will be released after the next version of SMF is released (And I'll include some code to fix up those that have the issue)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Grimedth

Great mod! :)
A question: is there a way to add the subaccount list to the mini-profile (next to posts)?

Kanianlak

Hey there! Great mod, really huge! :)

I have a few questions. I wanted to have not just in parent profiles, to list their subbaccounts, but in subaccount profiles to list their parents. As well as in "post's profiles" (ya know on the left) to list one account's parent. But I can't handle it, some modifications were made, but they did not worked.

I would be very grateful and happy if you could provide me some code for smf 2.0 rc4 to me to get this working :) Thanks! :)

impreza

Thanks for a fun twist on it
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

wynnyelle

I have a few questions about this mod before I install it...

We also have the store installed. Would points also go to the main account? They would need to for the way we run things.

Is it obvious from looking at the mini profile, of a sub account, to tell easily who the main account {actual member} is?

Can people still post from their main account alone or do they need to use subs once they make any?

Does a member's postcount tally up on the main account, the sub accounts, or, ideally, both?

Thanks!

SlammedDime

Quote from: Groovystar on January 09, 2011, 05:44:33 PM
We also have the store installed. Would points also go to the main account? They would need to for the way we run things.
I can say with almost 99% certainty that they will not.  Every sub account is it's own forum account in it's own right, this mod just changes up some internals of SMF so that the subaccounts don't act like a traditional account.  (ie: if you were to uninstall this mod after creating several subaccounts, those subaccounts would simply be normal forum accounts).

Is it obvious from looking at the mini profile, of a sub account, to tell easily who the main account {actual member} is?
If you mean the side of a post as the 'mini profile', then no, it is not listed on the side of a post who the parent account is.

Can people still post from their main account alone or do they need to use subs once they make any?
Someone can make a post of any account they own, including the parent or any subaccount.  When editing a post, they can also change the author of that post to one of their other accounts.

Does a member's postcount tally up on the main account, the sub accounts, or, ideally, both?
The main account shows two postcounts, one with just that accounts posts, and one with all posts (including subaccounts).  Each subaccount only displays posts for that account.

I'd recommend creating a test board and installing this mod on it to see how it works.  Setting up a WAMP server on your home PC is extremely easy these days.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: