News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskie

everything seems to be working except for the fact that the dropdown selection to quickly switch from account to a subaccount isn't doing anything when selected.

could i get some help with fixing this issue?

Dzonny

Quote from: eskie on April 18, 2017, 09:12:09 PM
everything seems to be working except for the fact that the dropdown selection to quickly switch from account to a subaccount isn't doing anything when selected.

could i get some help with fixing this issue?
Have you edited files that shows errors on installation manually?
If so, can you please write which files you edited?
Also please attach your index.template.php file from Themes/your_theme/ folder.

eskie

i did, on the one file i could via the default smf curve minimal theme (which was the index.template.php)
but, the other errors were flagged on the following files: ./index.php, ./sources.load.php, and ./sources/managepermissions.php
all of these don't seem to even exist in the default smf curve minimal theme. although, when i downloaded the default minimal curve 2.0 theme onto the site as well to compare the two, the one that came with the site as the smf default's files seemed to be different (not just how i changed coding- but different files as well)

(i'm new to smf; sorry if this is a bit confusing!! i can provide screenshots if needed.)

Kindred

that's why its not working....   you need to make the code changes to ALL files that had failures.

please note that only TEMPLATE files exist in the themes...  other files are in the root (index.php) and Sources directory. Additionally, any template files which showed errors aso need to be updated in the Default theme directory
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eskie

ah, that makes much more sense. where exactly do i go to access and edit these other files then?

Kindred

as I said above...   root, Sources folder and default theme folder
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eskie

sorry- i blanked! subaccounts are working perfectly now, thank you!

E.J.

Yeah, this mod package doesn't work, or at least the steps aren't as easy as simply modifying what errors out.

I followed these instructions to the letter, and edited only the files that said failed and my forum began throwing up a Template Parse error. What did I do wrong?

Kindred

You made the edits in the wrong place(s)
Слaва
Украинi

ariescapes

So I have an unusual issue.
1. All my permissions are in, and the install seems to have worked fine.
2. None - including the Admin Usergroup - can do anything with the subaccounts outside of "Create" and "Delete". No sharing, linking, nothing. (Aka, when I look at the listed subaccounts I only see the [X] to delete the subaccount. Which is normal for any other usergroup... but it's affecting the Admin Usergroup.
3. I have no log errors, so it looks like it installed just fine.

I'm baffled as to where to look to fix this.

StarredSkies

Hi! Is there anyway I can add a confirmation box to my code so users can confirm their account deletion / merge? If so, where in the code? I haven't seen where to add it in. Thanks <3

I only ask because SMFShop is not merging items / currency over and I would like to tell my users to send that stuff to their main account before doing so.

StarredSkies

Any hopes of updating this for SMF 2.1 RC1? My forum really relies on this modification and without it, we'd be in a rut.

vbgamer45

Not likely author has been around in years.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

And the licence does not permit anyone to modify it.

StarredSkies

Damn, that's an absolute shame... Hopefully there's alternatives out there? If you do know of any, let me know.

Arantor

If I ever get my lazy ass back to work, I'll have an alternative for you but right now it's not in a shape suitable for you - https://github.com/StoryBB/StoryBB

StarredSkies

I'd definitely appreciate that!

Wow. What you have there is absolutely fantastic. Badges and linked accounts? Heck yeah, man!
I'm reading through the information and it's absolutely fantastic. Keep up the hard work! I'll definitely keep an eye on things and if you'd like to possibly keep me updated, feel free to message me.

liuet

I've installed this mod on a number of versions over the years, and it's a different issue every time...

I'm having the same issue as someone else some 10 replies up: it's fully installed, the dropdown shows up where it's supposed to, but it doesn't switch accounts when an account is selected.
SMF version 2.0.15
All files have been correctly edited, including default and current themes.

I've double-triple-checked that all the files have the appropriate edits in the right places, I just don't know what's left to check.

StarredSkies

Any possible way to alphabetize the subaccount list? Seems like it would be useful.

If I find out how, I'll post here... For now I'll be looking up how to do so!

njtweb

Is this permission-based? I wouldn't want my members who do post to have the option to choose different posting aliases. I would only want this to be used by admin only to generate discussion with a few posts back and forth between aliases before others take off with it. At which point the admins can let the discourse run from there.

Advertisement: