News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Slash through Banned Usernames

Started by vbgamer45, November 12, 2009, 10:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Slash through Banned Usernames

Original Author: Arantor
SMF Version: 2.0.x
Mod Version: 2.0

Description:
This mod will modify the output so that banned users appear throughout the forum with a slash through their name, like so.

It should cover every area of the forum.

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

the_shadow

and can you make this work on index template?

by tha way... great mod

Arantor

Quote from: the_shadow on November 12, 2009, 01:08:36 PM
and can you make this work on index template?

by tha way... great mod

It doesn't work on index.template.php, it doesn't have to. It modifies every other instance where the username is loaded throughout the forum. It only won't work on index.template.php if you have mods that affect it.

(This is proven to work out of the box on fresh RC2 install)

the_shadow

i have mods? can you tell me what mod is?

thnkx

Arantor

Anything off the Customization site that modifies your site's behaviour is a mod, also known as a package.

Can I see a screenshot of what it's not doing correctly please?

DJBoddington

Thank you for this great mod! :D

Good Work *thumbs up*

c-o-d-e

I installed this mod, but doesn't actually put any slashes through banned usernames.

Arantor

So, what mods do you have installed? What theme?

Can I see?

c-o-d-e

I haven't installed any mods, apart from this one. I am using the default theme when doing a fresh install of SMF 2.0 RC2.
www.developers-community.com/forums
That's the forum. In the micelaneous section, is "ravendazzy" post. I banned him to test it out, and he is still banned.

Arantor

Looks like it's not installed properly/at all. After uploading, did you press Apply Mod?

c-o-d-e

Just tried it again, and nearly all of the replaces, have got test failed. and some executions were too.

Arantor

Are you sure the ravendazzy account itself is banned? Normally when a user is banned they don't show up in the bottom part of the page under "Latest member".

c-o-d-e

Ah. Yes, I needed to add a trigger.
For a common question, how do I remove the mod. I click Uninstall, it comes up saying this mod should no longer take affect. The slash still stays there.

Arantor

It shouldn't.
Then the mod hasn't been uninstalled properly, since it never actually changes any data at all, only how it's displayed.

c-o-d-e

I used the backup I had ,and tried it that way. It works fine, however.. I might of spotted a bug. Not sure if it was caused by your mod or what.
When I set it so that it displays users viewing the topic "Admin and 0 Guests are viewing this topic. " for example..
The usernames, in this case "Admin" has a slash through. Is this something to do with the mod, or is there a setting for that.

Arantor

Hmm. I will look into that one, thanks.

(There's no setting, it's an all or nothing deal, though that one should only list banned if someone is actually banned)

c-o-d-e

I don't see why It should do that, however.. the username isn't banned, otherwise I wouldn't be able to access the forum.
I uninstalled the mod, and it looked fine. When I installed it again, the slash came back. Hope you can fix it :)

Sudhakar Arjunan

Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

ExWizzard

Great mod , how to change the color tho?

Arantor

Quote from: ExWizzard on December 17, 2009, 05:54:42 PM
Great mod , how to change the color tho?

Rewrite the mod to change every single instance of <s> and </s> to something like <span style="color:red;"> and </span>

Advertisement: