SMF Large Upgrade "Server has not responded for 30 seconds."

Started by Selroth, October 27, 2009, 06:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selroth

I looked through upgrade.php but couldn't find the step we're concerned with.  Is it in another module, perhaps upgrade_2-0_mysql.php?

Thanks a ton for the help :)  I'm hoping we can make this Upgrade package a better product before it goes final!

BTW, I can't really hand out SSH access, but I can give FTP access a a MySQL Database + user to use.
Everything is built from imagination.

H

Sorry I meant to get to this last night, but I overlooked it. I made a mistake in my previous message. The SQL queries are actually contained in the upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql file.

You might want to give the 2.0 RC2 public download a spin though, and see if it resolves the problem :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Selroth

I have completed the upgrade, in every scenario, with the latest RC2 upgrade package!  Went as smooth as a --- um... pancake I guess.

I thoroughly thank you and LexArma for your help.  I can't seem to find any problems or bugs, so whatever you all did in the new release you did it right!
Everything is built from imagination.

N3RVE

* [n3rve] marks the topic solved and closes the help desk ticket

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: