News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Alternative quote styles for Curve (RC2)

Started by Antechinus, November 13, 2009, 07:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Code blocks could be done like that but with them usually having scroll bars they don't look nearly as smooth with the rounded corners. The scroll bars break the look, if you see what I mean. If you really want to try it with code blocks it is not hard to do but you will need to make some small edits to Subs.php.

MultiformeIngegno

I think that the font used for code is too small! Isn't it?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Antechinus

I think so too. I have no idea why it is specified as Times New Roman either, since unless you went for something like Bleeding Cowboys it would be difficult to choose a less legible font at that scale. My preference would be to have it set to 0.9em Verdana for clarity. I'll try and push that one through for the next build as I think it makes sense.

MultiformeIngegno

Yeah I think 0.9em Verdana would be really better!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Arantor

Times New Roman? I thought code blocks were Courier.

Reason that's the choice is to have it mono-spaced as code is often more readable that way.

Antechinus

Well Times is the second choice. "courier new", "times new roman", monospace;

Monospace being the main thing I suppose, but there are better monospace fonts around.

Shotster

Quote from: Antechinus on November 13, 2009, 07:15:24 AMDetails and screenshots follow.

I don't see any screenshots. Should they appear inline in the message, or do I have to click a link or icon or something? I must be overlooking something obvious.

-Steve ???

Arantor

There are screenshots in the attachments at the foot of the post.

Shotster

Quote from: Arantor on November 14, 2009, 09:32:12 PM
There are screenshots in the attachments at the foot of the post.

Not in Safari 4 on Mac. I found them hanging off to the right side at the top of the post when I enlarged my window!  It's apparently a browser-specific flake-a-delic layout issue.  :( See below...

-Steve

Antechinus

Yes we know about that. Safari has bugs when trying to deal with fluid css-based layouts. Give Apple some stick about it and they may get around to fixing it (which would save us having to hack our code to deal with their mistakes).

Arantor

Ah, yes, THAT problem. It is specific to Webkit - so Safari and Chrome have it. Seems to be some debate whether it's an SMF bug or a Webkit bug, with the latter not adhering to the standards correctly.

I use Chrome but the reason it works as intended for me is because I have the inline modify because I'm a moderator.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

MyMuK

in search results this mod looks not correctly.

Antechinus

Massl

Very beautiful the  "rounded_quotes",  I think that should be included in the official theme !!

MyMuK

Antechinus

Search results page is completely different for RC3.

~DS~

Quote from: Max_74 on December 06, 2009, 06:58:38 AM
Very beautiful the  "rounded_quotes",  I think that should be included in the official theme !!
Agreed, just did this. It should be in the official RC3
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SoLoGHoST

We all feel this way Dismal Shadow.  This is amazing work by Antechinus.  But whether they will decide to use it or not remains unknown :(

Arantor

I get the feeling it won't be in RC3 however it's easy to add if you want it.

Advertisement: