News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The word "wget" in posts producing errors

Started by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG, May 02, 2005, 02:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Hi guys,
        Also a NEW problem I encountered while making a post on my board is that SMF has some problems with an embedded wget, even as text, inside the posts. That was the reason I'd to modify all the wgets to w-get-s to make my posts work. Whenever you try inserting a wget in a post, you get a Server 406 error saying:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /board/index.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.antilost.com [nofollow] Port 80

At first I'd thought installation of Mambo in the SMF DB (the new method of Mambo-SMF integration) has screwed the board up - but then I tried some test posts which worked out fine. So I started posting my message line-by-line, till I got to the step where I had a wget. So I started looking at the text and figured that wget was producing that error. Is wget a php command or something or has some known issues with the SMF-PHP parser ? ??? Why does it act funny like this ?? Try for yourself at my board (http://www.antilost.com/board [nofollow])

For more step-by-step information on how I encountered this error see this post on my board: http://www.antilost.com/board/index.php?topic=32.msg165#msg165 [nofollow]

Thanks in advance who can tell me why this is happening and/or any fix.. It seems to work without a hitch on this board... :(
[nofollow]

Visit me at: Chaos Laboratory [nofollow]
Linux Counter (Get Counted) [nofollow]: Registered User - 315296

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Well thank you [unknown]. I asked around my host and a few other people and from what I understand, that might exactly be the problem...

Yet to see :)

Thanks anyways for the link ;)
[nofollow]

Visit me at: Chaos Laboratory [nofollow]
Linux Counter (Get Counted) [nofollow]: Registered User - 315296

Advertisement: