News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Calendar Events

Started by b4pjoe, November 14, 2009, 08:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b4pjoe

Yes, this is what I see as an admin. Regular members can see the holidays and birthdays but they cannot see events on the board index Info Center. They can see them in the calendar but not in the Info Center on the board index.

H

Quote from: tyty1234 on November 21, 2009, 06:04:32 PM
Ok I can see holidays on your forum...is an event supposed to be there as well?

Had you checked the calendar page as a guest, you would've seen the event :P

joec88, which version did you upgrade from?
Are you getting any errors in your error log? (Admin area > Error log)
Are all files up-to-date? (Admin area > Support and Credits > More detailed)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

b4pjoe

Quote from: H on November 22, 2009, 10:25:35 AM

joec88, which version did you upgrade from?
Are you getting any errors in your error log? (Admin area > Error log)
Are all files up-to-date? (Admin area > Support and Credits > More detailed)

This one is a straight install of SMF 2.0 RC2. No upgrade involved at all. No errors in the error log. All files show 2.0 RC2 for the version.

tyty1234

Quote from: H on November 22, 2009, 10:25:35 AM

Of course I did, it's not like I have an account on his forum. :P
I still don't see it though.
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Kill Em All

I see it just find to H, but the thing is there wasnt a post made as far as I can tell in the board index. Nor a notice in the Info center.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

b4pjoe

Quote from: Kill Em All on November 23, 2009, 04:56:04 PM
I see it just find to H, but the thing is there wasnt a post made as far as I can tell in the board index. Nor a notice in the Info center.

And that is the problem. I don't want to have to make a post to see the event in the info center on the board index. I want to create an event without a post but have the event show in the Upcoming Calendar events in the Info Center.

Arantor

You can add it to the Holidays list, but otherwise an event is tied to a topic, no ifs or buts on that.

Urfaust

Hi!

I have exatcly the same problem. Normal Members can't see events without topic in the "Info Center". But Admins can see it....Sorry but this makes no sense. The default behaviour for version 1.x was that also normal members can see these events.
Is there any chance that this is behaviour is restored in the final version of SMF 2.0? Most of the time my members only want to post little events that don't require a complete topic but we can't use this tiny feature since 2.0 RC2. :( Checking the calender page everytime for new events is annoying and adding everything as a holiday also..

Thanks in advance for any further replies.

Urfaust

Sorry for bumping but is there any chance to get this fixed in future versions. Or is there a definitive statement that the actual behavior will stay? In this case I would turn off the calender in my forum, so it would be nice to know...

Thanks in advance.

txcas

Quote from: Urfaust on December 21, 2009, 10:03:10 AM
Hi!

I have exatcly the same problem. Normal Members can't see events without topic in the "Info Center". But Admins can see it....Sorry but this makes no sense. The default behaviour for version 1.x was that also normal members can see these events.
Is there any chance that this is behaviour is restored in the final version of SMF 2.0? Most of the time my members only want to post little events that don't require a complete topic but we can't use this tiny feature since 2.0 RC2. :( Checking the calender page everytime for new events is annoying and adding everything as a holiday also..

Thanks in advance for any further replies.

I agree, this behavior makes no sense.  I would like Guests to be able to see events not linked to a post in the Info Center.  Here is another request for a fix.

txcas

So one of the nonsense workarounds to this problem is to create a forum post per calendar event.  I created a board not visible to Guests and all calendar events have a post on that board.  I am very dissapointed to report that it did not work.  So I made the board visible to Guests, and they still not get the Calendar events in the Info Center.  No matter how I do it, Guest do not see calendar events in the Info Center.   >:(  Please fix this bug.

Amanda.

Ah, it's not just me then.
This has been niggling me for a while.
Let's hope they fix bugs around here a bit faster than my previous software... I changed to SMF mainly for that reason.

b4pjoe

Quote from: Arantor on November 24, 2009, 02:54:27 PM
You can add it to the Holidays list, but otherwise an event is tied to a topic, no ifs or buts on that.

Ummmm...if it's tied to a topic why do they let you make the event without the post if the first place?

Advertisement: