Add to existing ban groups

Started by SleePy, November 17, 2009, 01:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Link to the mod

This customization allows you to setup ban groups for the purpose of easily adding to them when banning a member via their profile.
Setup is simple, after installation visit the Modifications settings page.  You select which ban triggers are auto selected.  After which you visit your ban list and either add or modify existing ban groups that are being used as easy ban groups.
Once configured, simply visit the members profile you wish to ban and click the add ban link.  You will have a drop down box that allows you to select one of the existing ban groups or you can create a new one.  Once selecting an existing ban group, it will hide all other options and auto select the default ban triggers.  If you need to adjust the ban triggers you can or simply hit submit.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

edi67

very intersting, sorry but i dont understood how make it work
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

SleePy

What don't you understand?
You setup the auto select trigger options in the modifications section.
You then setup bans that are "Easy ban groups".

When you are banning members you can use the drop down to add them to a ban group easily.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SilverKnight

Interesting, but i wish this concept was taken on further.

What id say is a drop down box which appears next to the (pointless) report function.

Which comes up with options to ban/suspend the user. It would really make bans less of a pain, and make it better for moderators who don't have access to the ban management.

So you enter in the reason, and how long they should be banned for. all functions to ban the account are automaticly ticked, and added onto that, they get added to the ban group.

And this message appears at the bottom of their post.

(User was banned for this post. (In post: <topic name> (Reason "<reason mod/admin chooses>" by <mod/admin)))

Khinxman

I keep getting this error when trying to load the modification, any ideas or plans to update it for 2.0 RC3?

Khinxman

ok, is this something thats easily fixable? or will it require a manual installation?

SleePy

Are you using the 1.0.1 version?

~DS~

SleePy There's error in the code in ManageBans.Temeplate.php

Installation code:

Find:

<dt>
<strong>', $txt['ban_reason'], ':</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['ban_reason_desc'], '</span>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="reason" value="', $context['ban']['reason'], '" size="50" class="input_text" />
</dd>

When the default code in ManageBans.Temeplate.php:

<dt>
</dt>
<dd>
<textarea name="reason" cols="50" rows="3">', $context['ban']['reason'], '</textarea>
</dd>

That's why the install show failed showed by Khinxman's image.

Evenmore I tried to install it brings up a error page:

"Error: Cannot install - Your SMF version is not sufficient enough. Please upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2 or higher"
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

For SMF 2.0 RC3 user only:

For "Error: Cannot install - Your SMF version is not sufficient enough. Please upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2 or higher"

You will need to edit database_install.php file:

Find:
if (version_compare('2.0 RC2', $modSettings['smfVersion']) == -1)
exit('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - Your SMF version is not sufficient enough.  Please upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2 or higher');

Replace:
if (version_compare('2.0 RC3', $modSettings['smfVersion']) == -1)
exit('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - Your SMF version is not sufficient enough.  Please upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2 or higher');

Those with failed ManageBans.Temeplate.php

Find:
<dt>
</dt>
<dd>
<textarea name="reason" cols="50" rows="3">', $context['ban']['reason'], '</textarea>
</dd>

Replace with:

<dt>
<strong>', $txt['aebg_ban_group'], ':</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['aebg_ban_group_desc'], '</span>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="checkbox" name="easy_ban_group" value="1" class="input_check"', !empty($context['ban']['easy_bg']) ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' />
</dd>

Works for me 8)

SleePy, I have a request...it is possible to assign to membergroup? Let's say I created a membergroup called "Banned" that way members will know who's banned.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SleePy

Fixed in my sources and will be fixed for the next update

Laza

Can you please update this mod for SMF 2.0 RC4  :)

SleePy

Laza

Jessica.

can you please convert this so it can work on 1.1.12
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

SleePy

I will not be backporting this to the 1.1 line :)

JohnnyxViet

Can you update it to rc5 2.0
and it doesn't shwo in my mod .

SleePy

This mod should work on RC5, you will need to emulate the version though via the emulate version in the lower right corner of the screen.

mikser

Quoteafter installation visit the Modifications settings page
Are you sure? Because I clearly don't see it. Maybe SMF 2.0 has a different location? Where?

SleePy

This mod was only built for SMF 2.0.  These settings should appear on that page.

Aome

Hello!

Does this mod allow you to send the banned members to an specific membergroup?

Thank you
I always appreciate the help, thank you!

Advertisement: