News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Inline Edit Title by Doubleclick -> cannot save

Started by petesky, November 19, 2009, 05:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesky

document.forms.quickModForm is undefined
modify_topic_save()topic.js (Zeile 71)
modify_topic_keypress()index.ph...board=3.0 (Zeile 1056)
function onkeypress(event) { modify_topic_keypress(event); }(keypress charCode=0, keyCode=13)index.ph...ent/seq/1 (Zeile 2)
[Break on this error] x[x.length] = 'subject=' + document.for..."&#").php_to8bit().php_urlencode();\ntopic.js (Zeile 71)

Arantor

petesky

Arantor

petesky

Firefox 3.6

1.     Downloads System Pro     1.0.10     [ Deinstallieren ]
2.    SMF Media Gallery    2.0.5    [ Deinstallieren ]
3.    PortaMx v0.971-1 upgrade    0.971-1    [ Deinstallieren ]
4.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0    [ Deinstallieren ]
5.    Downloads System    1.2.7    [ Deinstallieren ]

Arantor

And does it occur in any other browser for you? I'm wondering if it may be something specific to FF3.6.

petesky

It happens in IE8 also:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1)
Zeitstempel: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:50:54 UTC

Meldung: 'document.forms.quickModForm.subject' ist Null oder kein Objekt
Zeile: 71
Zeichen: 2
Code: 0
URI: /Themes/default/scripts/topic.js

Arantor

Hmm, then it's one of the mods that has broken it, since on a fresh install of RC2, on IE8 at least (haven't moved beyond FF 3.0 yet), it works as expected for me.

petesky

Hmm do you really think a mod has broken ? There is only one thing not defined...

document.forms.quickModForm is undefined
/Themes/default/scripts/topic.js
Line 71

Arantor

It works in a fresh RC2. It doesn't in yours. If you're using the default theme, the only thing left is the mods.

petesky

OK - if i do a fresh installation, is it possible to get all my threads back, my downloads and my gallery ?

petesky

...and btw. when quickModForm is not defined it means that this is not defined in my page (i didn't found) so where should it be ?

Arantor

I'm not convinced that'll help. I think one of the mods you have has broken it so reinstalling then reinstalling all the mods won't actually change anything.

It should be physically in the page, defined as an element around all the posts. It's a non visible element though.

petesky

OK so where should be the definded according <div> or whatever ? Because my mods are not template based i think they are not responsible for the not working inline edit.

Arantor

IIRC it's a missing form.

So NONE of your mods make any changes of any kind to Display.template.php ?

petesky

OK so which form ? I don't think it's a great change done by any mod but SMF seems not to be so large so if you tell me where to look deeper into may i change it the un-usual way without doing a re-setup of my small page.

Arantor

It's a missing <form> tag in the code, but without digging through all the code (which, unfortunately, I don't have time to do) I can't fix this.

Try uninstalling your mods, one at a time, and see if that changes anything?

petesky

I'm pretty sure uninstalling the actual mods wouldn't change anything. I remember, that i installed an VB Forumstyle Mod in my old 1.x after which i upgraded to RC2. Maybe since that time i have a style problem somewhere but i don't want to delete the forum and re-install so i have to live with the error....

greyknight17

petesky, not sure if you still want to continue working on this issue. You can always install a new forum to a different folder and use repair_settings.php to correct the database and path information. Upload that PHP file to the same directory where you installed SMF. Make sure that the database information is correct. If any of the file paths are incorrect, you may click on the recommended values to have it auto-corrected. Save the changes. That should restore your forum back to working order. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done. Now test out the forum to see if you can change the topic's subject by clicking on them. If so, some modification is causing this problem on your original forum.

You can install your mods back one at a time on this "new" forum to see which one is causing the problem. All your mod's data should still be intact in the database. You just need to install the mods back so the proper code changes can be made to the SMF files.

dirtymind

Hi, have the problem descripted in this topic.

I modify a post with modify inline but there is not any modification.

Why?

Where is the problem?

Display.Template?
Dispaly in Sources?
Subs in Sources?

Thanks

p.s.: sorry for my bad english

p.p.s.: my smf version: 1.1.11

EDIT:  there is not this problem with internet explorer

CapadY

First:  This forum is for SMF2.x problems. SMF1.1.x and SMF2.x are very different.
Second, don't kick topics that are sleeping for almost a half a year, open an own one.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: