Creating Themes for SMF 2.0 - 01 The Basics

Started by forsakenlad, November 22, 2009, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grafitus

Quote from: www.ainotenshi.org/stop-pirating-adobe-software-use-free-software-instead.... The main and fatal issue with GIMP that it DOES NOT handle PSD  format ...
I guess, it's not.

Yahmez

You can open PSD extension files with GIMP, not perfectly but you still can import the majority of it.

Antechinus

Quote from: Masterd on June 08, 2010, 02:35:16 PM
Is there any way to open PSD files on GimPhoto?
I explained the situation in the post above yours.  :P

Masterd

Yes, I know that, but I use GimPhoto and it can't open PSD- s. Do I need any plugin or patch?

DarkLite

How can one alter the "info center" layout at the bottom? So changing the colour, and removing the pseudo-rounded corners?

kaozc9

Exelent tutorial, I'm waiting for ur others manual, like professional..  :D

Snowy

I love this tutorial. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

I'm in the process of completely overhauling a theme but I'm confused about one thing...
I changed my gradient images but there is like a border under them and I'm not sure where to find that so I can either change or delete that border. It just looks like a bar, a thick underline, under the gradients.

I'm on my way to actually creating a very unique looking theme and when I'm done, I may take up theme creations.

KiroBot

How do you change the color of these(circled in red)

Snowy

Quote from: kiroBot on July 06, 2010, 07:32:33 AM
any one no?

I believe they are in the images folder called gradient1 and gradient2 ... ?

KiroBot

Snowy

Sorry it took me so long to see this, kiro. Was on 6 days, 12 hours a day at work.
Flapjack is correct. In the folder of the theme you are working with there is an images folder. Check there.

KiroBot

Quote from: Snowy on July 10, 2010, 09:15:12 PM
Sorry it took me so long to see this, kiro. Was on 6 days, 12 hours a day at work.
Flapjack is correct. In the folder of the theme you are working with there is an images folder. Check there.
when I go there it doest give me a link to click on to edit it

Ritaa

This guide is intended for people who have no knowledge in CSS/HTML or PHP whatsoever..

Gary

Quote from: KiroBot on July 10, 2010, 09:44:26 PM
CHMOD the theme's directory to 777.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Snowy

Quote from: KiroBot on July 10, 2010, 09:44:26 PM
Quote from: Snowy on July 10, 2010, 09:15:12 PM

I just download them, edit them with a photo editing program and upload them with the same name and file extension. Always save the originals elsewhere in case of a problem.

TwitchisMental

Thanks for this,it will help me later on.

One question though,can I place my themes under the MIT/X11 license like I do with my mybb themes?

kibtwane

Section 5 of the guide didn't work for me. It shrunk the height of the header, which is what I wanted, as there was too much blank space between my custom banner and the menu buttons below it, but the banner wouldn't display. Obviously, the "display none" code had something to do with that. Is there a way to compress the header without losing the banner image? I use 2.0 R3.

Advertisement: