Creating Themes for SMF 2.0 - 01 The Basics

Started by forsakenlad, November 22, 2009, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leegreaves

I seem to be having problems following this guide....NO...im not dumb...i do have an idea what needs to be done but im having problems replacing files such as the part about editing the "backdrop.png" file...my damn ftp client or even if i use my cpanel wont upload the new file so that the forum looks different...tried to change permissions from my ftp and cpanel and wont let me do it. Is there a way in the forum admin area to change the file permissions...well i know there is but cant remember where it was LOL

Also I keep getting permission denied errors on my index.php file in the theme folder...whys that?

GRRR damn things doing my nut in just cos i wanna make a game/clan based theme!!

fpptjaimes

Quote from: hcfwesker on November 18, 2010, 10:50:23 PM
I'm new to 2.0 RC4, (wanting to migrate from 1.1.11) and trying my best through trial & error  :(

I can't get the font color changes, and seen it in this guide, but the css code looks like this ...

/* use dark grey for the text, leaving #000 for headers etc */
body, td, th, tr
{
   color: #FFF;
}

It's only 3 digits ... I've tried random combinations, but just want my overall themes font color to be white.

In that case, each digit is double. For example: #17A is equal to #1177AA.

sadaam

A wonderful post & topic...thanks lot to poster of this topic....i need this type of knowledge
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Me feel proude to use SMF!!

mikmik

To make your background image always fill the browser window and resize appropriately, use this code:
body{
                        background:  #E9EEF2  url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) no-repeat center center fixed;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
/* Set a fontsize that will look the same in all browsers. */
   font: 78%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0 auto;
   padding: 15px 5%;
}
                 }

That is changed from this in the tutorial:
/* Set a fontsize that will look the same in all browsers. */
body
{
   background: #E9EEF2 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;
   font: 78%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0 auto;
   padding: 15px 5%;
}

Shapewear

hygron

Hi there.  I sue Tinypoortal around my SMF.  Is there anything else I need to do in order for these edits to work with my SMF/TP site?  Thanks H

come join me at: http://www.Hygronomics.com/forum1
My newest site: http://myvirtualworld.org Virtual Domain Hosting

silviu66

A picture is worth a thousand words, and you have deleted them ... not all users are required to know English perfectly. If you want to bump this SMF forum should allow images, otherwise you lose.

indigious

Eren Yaşarkurt
Dear Eren! Could you please update your beautiful Clarity template for the SMF 2.0.11?

Advertisement: