News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Enhanced PM Popup

Started by Spuds, November 22, 2009, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

drhamza

yup, me too, i use FF 3.5.5

Marcus Forsberg

Uh, that's odd. I'll look at it.

Plantsman

Thanks Arantor and Nas

Marcus Forsberg

This should now be fixed, simply download and install the new package at the mod site.

Also, thanks to Arantor for helping me reproducing the error. :)

Plantsman

Thanks - all OK now.

Plantsman

Arantor

Plantsman: Great to know :)

Slightly weird error this one, only presents itself if you don't have the window full screen so that the popup overlays the menu - neither I nor Nas do that normally, which is why neither of us spotted it originally.

Beagleboys

italian translation:
$txt['pm_popup'] = 'Hai un nuovo messaggio personale';
$txt['pm_popup_close'] = 'Chiudi';

shumilica

Great mod Nas!

I have a little suggestion:  what do you think to make the corners rounded so that it will feat the core theme?

Thanks!
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Marcus Forsberg

Actually, they were rounded early on during development. However, if you look at Curves main_block.png you'll notice that the edges on each "block" are white, meaning that if I'd be to use them in the popup, it'd be more like a square still, but an awful square, with white edges. :P

Arantor

You could do it rounded if you were to create your own images though, and be very careful about the layout/markup used.

Marcus Forsberg

Well yeah, I was thinking the same, but that means that said images would have to be customized for each theme to fit in.

shumilica

If you'll use .png transparent I think it will not be necessary a customization for each theme. If I would be a designer I would help you with the images, but I'm really not...

Marcus Forsberg

Yes, it will. Curve is blue. Imagine someone wanting to use this mod on a red theme. The popup stays blue. That won't look good.
I can do the images, it's simple, but it'd make the mod less user friendly.

DarkLite

Really useful and great-looking!

One question, however; is it possible to make the box "follow" you down the page? So that if you scroll down the forums, the box will follow you and won't stay at the top out of sight?

shumilica

The box is following me! I don't know why it isn't working for you... maybe it doesn't like you sufficiently to follow you :o

DarkLite

Quote from: shumilica on December 14, 2009, 02:12:09 PM
The box is following me! I don't know why it isn't working for you... maybe it doesn't like you sufficiently to follow you :o

Bah, must be Chrome doing it :/

Arantor

DarkLite

Arantor

Ah, see when I tested this I was using the 4.0 branch (and you can't make them co-exist)

But it works fine in 4.0.x.

Advertisement: