News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moving and Converting

Started by jmil, November 23, 2009, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmil

I might be helping a freind with their new website with an existing PhPbb Forum. Just so I know what I am getting into here are my questions and concerns.

We will be moving the site to a new Domain Name. Should the conversion be done where it resides now - or should I transfer the tables to the new Provider first then convert?

What about links to pictures and Signatures- Do they remain?

This will probably open up more questions but I am just looking at the Big Picture first before I commit to this project.

babjusi

Quote from: jmil on November 23, 2009, 09:29:48 AM
I might be helping a freind with their new website with an existing PhPbb Forum. Just so I know what I am getting into here are my questions and concerns.

We will be moving the site to a new Domain Name. Should the conversion be done where it resides now - or should I transfer the tables to the new Provider first then convert?

What about links to pictures and Signatures- Do they remain?

This will probably open up more questions but I am just looking at the Big Picture first before I commit to this project.

I think it would be best to first move your phpbb forum to the new host and then convert it to smf. I believe that links to pictures and Signatures will be converted as well. For more info on how to convert, have a look here:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=4.0;sort=subject

Advertisement: