News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Multiple Forum Mod

Started by Avail, November 24, 2009, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shigoxin

hello,

Using SMF 2.0.2, my sub-forum only appears and whatever I clicks on sub-forums refers to double url (eg. hxxp:www.abc.com/ww.abc.com/index.php [nonactive] instead of hxxp:www.abc.com/index.php [nonactive])

Any fix please?
And pls update the mod ASAP

thank you very much.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Avail on June 20, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
Alright so, I'm finally going to update this mod. Please be ready for an update over the next few weeks. I hope to try and beat out some of those other subforum mod copiers. :P
Lol. Good to hear that. But by the I read this, it has been months. So how was the progress, avail?

zapiy

Would this mod allow 2 domains to share a forum?
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

TomW

Quote from: ahrasis on August 28, 2012, 09:31:33 PM
Quote from: Avail on June 20, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
Alright so, I'm finally going to update this mod. Please be ready for an update over the next few weeks. I hope to try and beat out some of those other subforum mod copiers. :P
Lol. Good to hear that. But by the I read this, it has been months. So how was the progress, avail?

Ditto.  Has this mod been abandoned?

TomW

Okay, I got this to work on my localhost with SMF 2.0.5, using the RC3 version in this thread.  There are a couple of things to note:  The new index.php file that you must create needs a modification for $cookiename. From your original forum, go to the Server Settings, Cookies and Sessions, and you will see the cookie name.  Edit your new index.php to match the value of the cookie name.  Next I'll try it out on my production site and post the results.

Advertisement: