News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple Forum Mod

Started by Avail, November 24, 2009, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverKnight

Quote from: Arantor on December 15, 2009, 12:03:59 PM
1.0.11 is very old and should be upgraded to 1.0.19 at your earliest convenience... unless you mean 1.1.11...

Yeah, sorry it was a typo.

Hoodie

Quote from: FireDitto on December 13, 2009, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: Automotive Nation on December 12, 2009, 02:44:20 PM
<?php

$targpath 
'REMOVED/forum/index.php';

require_once(
$targpath);

function 
setSubforumSettings() {
   global 
$boardurl$cookiename$boarddir$forumid$mbname;

$boardurl 'http://itchneomon.dreamscaperpgs.net/OOC/';

$cookiename 'SmfCookie789';

$boarddir dirname(__FILE__);

$forumid 2;

$mbname 'Out Of Character';
}

function 
getTargetPath() {
   global 
$targpath;
   return 
$targpath;
}

?>

Replace "$targpath = 'REMOVED/forum/index.php';" with whatever the actual path to your main board index.php was..

... Obviously; I removed that because I didn't feel it would be wise to share all the behind the scene linkage information... Which is why I wrote "REMOVED" in big capitals there. Sorry for not making a  note as well.

So did that work for you or no?

FireDitto

I removed the actual information that linked to the forum and replaced it with the word "REMOVED" before posting it on here, because I didn't feel it would be prudent to post that on a public forum.

In the actual coding, I removed and replaced nothing and it reads as it should with all the

"/word/webnumber/letternumbers/hostinfo/file/forum/index.php"
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Avail

Quote from: FireDitto on December 19, 2009, 08:59:03 PM
I removed the actual information that linked to the forum and replaced it with the word "REMOVED" before posting it on here, because I didn't feel it would be prudent to post that on a public forum.

In the actual coding, I removed and replaced nothing and it reads as it should with all the

"/word/webnumber/letternumbers/hostinfo/file/forum/index.php"

I'm sorry for not keeping up with your progress. Have you yet to find a solution to your problem?

ChaosEnergy

hi

this mod is the feature, i always expected as build in feature of smf
there was a started project for 1.x but it never got updated...
hope this mod will go into smf2 release to..and further!!!

some questions

will there be an import feature, so we can import already existent forums as subforum
or is there already a script that is able to merge 2 smf forums into one, so that it is possible to split them after this

will there be some security settings like, user a is allowed to go into forum x but not y
as i did not installed it yet (still upgrading all 1.x forums to 2 rc2) are there possibilities to create different permissions for eg modificaions
so mod x is allowed for user a in that forum but not in the other?

Chaos Empire ®

~DS~

This is is a great mod, however I am trying to separate the sub-forum into a different language. But every time I change it as default both forums change...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

Technically it's still one forum. Just it looks like two.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2010, 05:30:35 AM
Technically it's still one forum. Just it looks like two.
Yes, I know. The rules, and the registration works in different language by modify the agreement.txt   
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Arantor

Yes... but that means you can't set a default language for each forum, because it's one forum.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2010, 05:46:50 AM
Yes... but that means you can't set a default language for each forum, because it's one forum.
Darn, it. Wish it can. Was worth a try after all.  ;D

ChaosEnergy

there was a MOD for 1.1x that alowed to install different agreement.txt for langauge, and also allowed to give boards different names depending on language
i assume this would be the thing you need
but someone needs to update the mod for smf2...

can anyone answer my questions http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=349954.msg2426906#msg2426906
Chaos Empire ®

Arantor

You can have multiple agreement.txt files on 2.0 without a mod. Multiple board names is a bit trickier.

As for the other questions, I'm not familiar enough with the mod to help - hopefully the author can.

ChaosEnergy

Yes..I still hope to get an answer by the author..I like the mod very much, but before implementing, I need to know if it will get supported in release of smf2...
wont loose all data...as this is a very huge modification

for the multiple aggreements..how is it done in ONE forum
i only remember the mod for 1.1x
Chaos Empire ®

Arantor

From what I remember, in 2.0 you have agreement.{language}.txt files. I've not done it much though (since I only speak English)

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2010, 06:02:48 AM
From what I remember, in 2.0 you have agreement.{language}.txt files. I've not done it much though (since I only speak English)
Chaos, agreements.txt can be done, confirmed from me. But not the forum itself like Arantor say since it's technically one forum.

akbora

I coudn't create a subforum unfortunately.

What must I do code?

Which file will I put in it?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

kingkingston

KensonPlays

Nice Mod (Took me a while to figure out how to use it tho)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KensonPlays

New Question. I have the EzPortal installed on my main forum, it does work with all the forums, but I was wondering if the Recent Posts EzBlock shows the most recent posts from any of my forums...

...thanks again for this awesome mod!

I mean, it does work. But when I am in a sub-forum, and I click on a topic that is on another forum, it says that it is on another forum. Thanks.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KensonPlays

I don't know if it has been posted in this topic yet, but is it possible to make a category (ID Field) split into multiple forums, like ID: 1,2,3,4,etc?? Thanks in advance!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: