News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Login Issue (previous title was SMF Wrapped has no theme)

Started by marinesct, November 24, 2009, 03:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marinesct

I've successfully installed the bridge on a fresh installation of both SMF v2.0 RC2 and Mambo  v4.6.5 after applying a couple of adjustments to fix some errors due to my version of PHP.

After applying the bridge and synchronizing between the two systems, wrapping SMF, I can't figure out why my SMF is not displaying a theme at all. It seems as though the css hasn't loaded, but I checked the configuration and tried yea and no for to apply the SMF css.

I'd provide code or a link, but it's on a separate computer, offline using WAMP to test with.

marinesct

I'm going to work with the template issue later.  The bigger problem that I've come across is the login capability.

When I log into Mambo, it doesn't carry over to SMF.  After logging out and logging into SMF via the wrapper, I am then logged into Mambo as well.

I checked the mod_smf_login and the smf_login mambot, but as soon as I publish either one of them, I get a call to function error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/32/d101410193/htdocs/test/modules/mod_smf_login.php on line 110

Both SMF and Mambo share the same database. Setting the registration to Bridge, SMF, Mambo all don't make a difference either.

Orstio

Do you have a URL?

What version of the bridge did you install?

When you say "via the wrapper", are you referring to the Mambo wrapper component, or the wrapped bridge component?

marinesct

I figured out the problem with the SMF theme not appying when bridged.  I read that the smf_2-0_mambo_4-6_bridge_2-0b1 has problems with SMF 2.0 RC2, so I downgraded back to SMF 2.0 RC1.2.  After the downgrade, the SMF theme had been applied  :)

Sorry, I meant the wrapped bridge component.  Even after the downgrade, I'm still having the login issue mentioned above.

http://test.usmcg.org is the url.

Don't mind the mess, I'm currently working on the CSS for the MAMBO template.

Orstio

First, you should have the SMF_header_include mambot published.

With the Mambo login module, you need to publish the SMF_login and SMF_logout mambots.

marinesct

I have mod_login published and mod_smf_login unpublished. SMF_header_include, SMF_login and SMF_logout mambots each are published as well. Bridge configuration is set to use Bridge registration.

When I attempt to login via Mambo:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_insert_id() in /homepages/32/d101410193/htdocs/test/mambots/authenticator/SMF_login.php on line 137

Orstio

In your mambots/authenticator folder will be a file named SMF_login.php

FInd this on line 137:

$memberID = db_insert_id();

Change it to this:

$memberID = mysql_insert_id();

marinesct

Well. It seems that It's still not working. That adjustment with the code got rid of the error.  But there's two problems now.

After I made that change, I tried registering a new user. No error, but no SMF login :(.  I went through and published the other SMF mambots, which got me a database error before the site could finish my Mambo registration (admin panel shows disabled).  After troubleshooting it, I figured it out to be the SMF_Registration mambot that causes the database error.

So, since I couldn't register a new member, I decided to try logging in with my admin account that's synched with both Mambo and SMF.  Well, I'm back to square one, but without the error.

Orstio

Can you copy the error message and paste it into a post here?

marinesct

After publishing the SMF_Registration mambot, here's whats displayed after I confirm registration for a new account:

In Firefox, I get the following
QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Now, here's another thing. When I went into IE7, I went straight to SMF and logged in as the admin to verify the members (just the admin listed btw) and hadn't logged out.  When I went to create the new user in IE7 via the Mambo registration page, I confirmed registration and was imediately taken to SMF as the logged in admin. So I deleted the user out of Mambo and when I confirmed registration, I was redirected to:

QuoteThe website cannot display the page
HTTP 500 
   Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error. 

I was thinking that the bridge wasn't communicating with the SMF database, but verified that they share the same database and that the SMF's location in the bridge is correct, which it is.  The remaining tabs confirmed that is communicating with SMF since both the Topics and Groups tabs are populated.

marinesct

After taking a few days break, I decided to work on the issue again. I haven't any errors, but when I log into Mambo, I'm not logging into SMF.

Here's the bridge setup:

Bridge Component
User Bridge Registration

Modules
mod_login published (supplied redirects for login/logout as well)
mod_smf_login unpublished

Mambots
SMF_Login published
SMF_Logout published
SMF_Register published
SMF_Header_Include published
All other SMF mambots unpublished

When I log into SMF, I am automatically logged into Mambo.

Orstio

Quote(supplied redirects for login/logout as well)

Can you explain what that means?

marinesct

I provided redirect links for the mod_login options for when the users log in and log out.

Orstio

QuoteNow, here's another thing. When I went into IE7, I went straight to SMF and logged in as the admin to verify the members (just the admin listed btw) and hadn't logged out.  When I went to create the new user in IE7 via the Mambo registration page, I confirmed registration and was imediately taken to SMF as the logged in admin. So I deleted the user out of Mambo and when I confirmed registration, I was redirected to:

OK, I see now.

You logged into the stand alone forum, correct?

So, that logged you into SMF, but not into Mambo.

You went to the Mambo registration to create a new user, which used the SMF_register mambot, which tripped on the fact that you were already logged into SMF (you can't register if you're already a user!).

marinesct

That's correct, I logged into the stand alone version without logging into Mambo the first time.

I apologize, it's been getting pretty busy over here where I'm at. I should have mentioned that after I realized I was logged in as the admin, I logged out of SMF, then deleted the Mambo account and tried to reregister.

Orstio

Try logging out, then closing the browser, then open it again and register.  The logic is if you still have a SMF session, it won't let you register.

Orstio

Oh, wait -- you're using the Bridge Registration Component, aren't you?

So, this is where you are registering?

http://test.usmcg.org/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register

Go to your Mambo admin panel, Global Configuration, and make sure that "Allow New User Registration" is on.

Advertisement: