News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[HTML] tags not working

Started by dr_carson, November 25, 2009, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_carson

Hey,
I can't seem to get my HTML bbc tags to work for anyone except myself (the admin). I have it enabled in the BBC allowed in posts, but it seems that only the admin can do it.

Anyone able to help?

I am using SMF2RC2.

Cheers.

c-o-d-e

[ b ] BBCode
< b > HTML.

The HTML works for me.. and even as admin. Though BBCode works for nobody. I haven't turned it on yet though.

hadesflames

the html tag will only work for admins as a security feature for smf. There is no way to enable it for none admins, as it would pose a possible security risk to your forums.

Arantor

There is a mod to make it a permission but generally letting users post raw HTML is a colossal security risk.

dr_carson

Quote from: hadesflames on November 25, 2009, 10:07:26 PM
the html tag will only work for admins as a security feature for smf. There is no way to enable it for none admins, as it would pose a possible security risk to your forums.
Ok. That makes sense. Thanks! It was mainly for the use of Youtube vids, which has now been solved.

Thanks again :D

julia_yl

My admin Could not post any HTML code?
Please help how to post HTML as admin

Any promission for moderate to post HTML and BBC format?

YogiBear

{html}insertembeddedcodehere{/html} only use [] instead of {} julia.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

AndreT

You guys can use [nobbc][/nobbc] tags (notice that these are in the nobbc tags also!) to reproduce proper BBcode without making it parse!

[html]codehere[/html]

Arantor

There is no permission for moderating use of HTML (though there is a mod) and no permission moderating use of bbcode though it is entirely possible to write one.

That said, it is possible to make permissions if you work at it... Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags adds new bbcode and makes it permission dependent.

KensonPlays

Except for that mod, it it impossible to make it for normal users to use HTML. If you want to suggest a mod, suggest one to allow {b}, {i}, {u}, {a}, and really simple HTML like that...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Arantor

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 24, 2010, 11:14:03 AM
Except for that mod, it it impossible to make it for normal users to use HTML. If you want to suggest a mod, suggest one to allow {b}, {i}, {u}, {a}, and really simple HTML like that...

You mean just like the admin option to enable simple HTML inside Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics?

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

AndreT

You didn't really bother to check or think! lol

KensonPlays

I know, I just haven't enabled it on my forum!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: