News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Integrating Forums

Started by darkprinz, November 25, 2009, 11:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkprinz

hi ,
    I presently have a forum which is installed and running... and people have already registered in it ... Now i created another forum .. but now the problem is the people registered in the first forum should register again in the new forum as well .

Is it possible to integrate the two forum user database , such that a member already registered in my first forum is also registered under the same name and password in the new forum as well ? if yes .. please tell me how to devise it . Thanx in advance   ;D

sangwe11

First of all, we need to know your SMF version :D

Secondly, there is a mod already in development, as far as I've been told, and another is on my to-do list to speak.

When I actually do it, is another matter. It *could* potentially be a big job, with all the features I want to add, and I just don't have the use for it right now.

Arantor

If both forums are on the same server and same domain, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2137 should be able to manage just fine.

calthephenom

i needed something similar to this

Arantor

If you need changes to that mod you could consider asking in the "Support and comments for this mod" where I'm sure the author will try and help.

Advertisement: