News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installation of SMF 2.0 RC2 fails on PostgreSQL

Started by k14, November 26, 2009, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k14

SMF Version: 2.0 RC2
PostgreSQL Version: 8.1.18
No mods, no langs, no nothing.

Actually, there were 2 bugs.

First was wrong detection of psql server version.
File: install.php:64
Is: 'utf8_version_check' => '$request = pg_query(\'SELECT version()\'); list ($version) = pg_fetch_row($request); return $version;',
My fix: 'utf8_version_check' => '$request = pg_query(\'SELECT version()\'); list ($version) = pg_fetch_row($request); $version=explode(" ", $version); return $version[1];',

Why? SELECT version() gives 'PostgreSQL 8.1.18 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)', witch was later truncated to 'PostgreSQL 8.1.18 on i486' and compared with '7.4.10'...

Second bug.
File: Sources/Subs-Db-postgresql.php, function smf_db_insert, block method == 'replace'
My fix (additional code on line 636): $entry = array_combine(array_keys($columns), $entry);

Why? $entry has keys (0, 1, 2...) witch don't meet variable names in $updateData nor $where, so smf_db_replacement__callback can't replace them with data.

Sorry, if those bugs have already been described. I haven't spent much time on searching the forum.

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

H

Marked this as solved, as it is covered in the other topic that Norv has linked to :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: