News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Points/post count in boards

Started by Prosperous, November 27, 2009, 12:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosperous

Hey there everyone. Just a quick question I've got.

I have the SMFShop modification installed on my forum, and I know that there is the ability to turn off the post count, however is there an option to disable the post count to increase but NOT the points count? It is for my 'Forum Games' board and I don't want people to get points for posting within the board but I still want their post counts to increase.

I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks! 8)
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Looking for or in need of free or paid hosting?
Please contact me now or visit the link above for my very own hosting service.

tyty1234

If you go to Admin -> Forum -> Boards, and modify one of the boards, there is an option to enable/disable point count, iirc.
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Prosperous

The only field I see is this:

Count Posts:
Makes new replies and topics raise members' post counts.

There is nothing to do with points. I am using the latest version of SMF as well as the modification...
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

tyty1234

Are you sure you don't see the checkbox called "Count Shop Points"? Followed by a Shop Credits field?

Prosperous

100% sure... If you are telling me to go to the right place then that's all that it shows me.

The attachment I have provided is a screenie from Admin > Forum > Boards... > board the needed editing > Modify.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

tyty1234

That's very strange....you might want to contact the mod author, or post in the mod support topic, or visit their site, SMFShop.com.

Prosperous

I was told that using that forum you linked me to wouldn't be any help. It isn't active and will most probably take a while to receive any assistance. The new modification author is vbgamer45 so I'll attempt at posting in the mod support topic now.

Thanks for the help tyty1234, it is much appreciated! I'll let you know how things go regarding the issue.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Prosperous

I still haven't received any support regarding the matter... Would anyone else know what the problem is and why I am not seeing the checkbox called 'Count Shop Points?'?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

tyty1234

The only other thing I can think of is that the mod didn't install properly. You can try re-installing and see if that helps.

Prosperous

But then I'd have to fix up my general settings again... It's a hassle but I guess it's what you gotta do. I'll message vbgamer45 now and hope he gets back to me in time.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Prosperous

It's impossible to reinstall the modification but keep the same settings, right?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

tyty1234

Usually mods that adds settings to you settings table will not remove the settings on uninstallation. This allows for easy update/reinstallation.

perplexed

I've already posted in the smfshop thread here on smf about this as the count shop points on board option is missing from the latest version of the mod.

The code was in the old version of the mod, my post about it is here but it hasn't been answered yet.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=22396.msg2389581#msg2389581

I was going to attempt to add the old code to my test site and see what happens...

Prosperous

Thanks for the reply tyty1234. Sorry about the late reply!

Is it purposely missing from the latest version of SMFShop quiteperplexed, or is it still being added? That is pretty much an important feature especially for me and my hosting service. Have you received any sort of response from vbgamer45 or nothing yet?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

perplexed

have a look at the link I posted above ^^^ I've already bumped my post and had no response so far.  I don't know if it was omitted in error or if there is some other reason why it's not there but I need it on my board as about half the boards are set up not to count shop points and I want it to stay that way. 

Maybe you could add your support in the thread and we might get a solution.  Failing that I'm going to try editing the code myself later in the week.

Prosperous

I have just posted in the topic now quiteperplexed. Hopefully we can get enough requests about it for it to be fixed up as soon as possible. Without this little feature my hosting service really isn't as useful as it should be, and I wouldn't be able to control the community as much as I'd like in regards to the points that they gain and where they can gain them from...

Hopefully vbgamer45 will get back to us soon!
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

tyty1234

yeah, I haven't been keeping track with SMFShop as much as I did before, so I was unable to determine what happened in the latest version.

Prosperous

Well he has managed to reply to the posts we made tyty1234. It seems like we can expect the update to the SMFShop modification to occur mid to late January next year. Should be in just about a months time.

I'm just going to have to deal with having points incremented in boards that shouldn't offer points, and then remove the ability to receive points when the update is made. Manually removing the points from everyone that posts is way too much hassle...
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

perplexed

Quote from: PorkoWog on December 11, 2009, 03:13:31 AM
Well he has managed to reply to the posts we made tyty1234. It seems like we can expect the update to the SMFShop modification to occur mid to late January next year. Should be in just about a months time.

I'm just going to have to deal with having points incremented in boards that shouldn't offer points, and then remove the ability to receive points when the update is made. Manually removing the points from everyone that posts is way too much hassle...

I'm hoping actually that the information about which boards receive points is still in the boards tables in the database from before, so I won't have to do it again.  I think it should still be there but I haven't looked.  It's strange why this option was taken out of the code for this version.

Prosperous

It is indeed strange... But if you do manage to find a fix for it, then I'm sure many of us will benefit and use it until vbgamer45 gets around to making the update. That way we can just overwrite the files once the fix is made by him.

Will it work correctly like that?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Advertisement: