vBulletin 3.6 to SMF 2.0 RC2 ERROR

Started by ACAMS, November 29, 2009, 02:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACAMS

I saw a topic about this in vBulletin 3.8.4 to SMF 2.0 RC2, but the fix did not work for 3.6

I am converting and got this..

Converting members... Successful.
Converting administrators... Successful.
Converting categories...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (can_collapse)

What do I need to do, as there is nothing about it in the online manual

ACAMS

OK, I got this far now.....any clues what I need to do next?

Converting...
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Assigning boards to categories... Successful.
Converting topics...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member_updated)

Norv

Please, try using the converter from vbulletin 3.7, it was tested actually with 3.6 dataases as well. You can find it in this site's Downloads > Converters > vBulletin page.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ACAMS

Norv

Can you please tell, have you restarted fully the conversion? If you type your_address/convert.php with no other parameter, it should ask for the data file to use, in case you have two. Was this the case?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

ACAMS

Yes, I just typed my_address/convert.php with no other parameter

and filled in the boxes correctly....then it goes to here....

Converting...
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Assigning boards to categories... Successful.
Converting topics...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member_updated)

It says

Set SMF's default character set to: ISO-8859-1

I also tried  UTF-8

Norv

Can you please post the sql file you're using, here?

ACAMS

I am using the Vbulletin 3.6 to SMF 2-0-rc2 converter (because there is no Vbulletin 3.t to SMF 2-0-rc2 converter)

With this http://gametechmods.com/forums-old-smf/vbulletin37_to_smf.sql

It says old smf because I just made a new database and new install I am gonna try

Norv

Please use vBulletin3.7 to SMF 2.0 RC2 converter, that is, the convert.php file with the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql file.
There should be no need to reinstall SMF (as you wish, though), just make sure you use the 3.7 file, when convert.php is asking what data file it should use.
That is, the attached file: vbulletin37_to_smf.sql

ACAMS

I only see a Vbulletin 3.7 to SMF 1-1-10 converter in downloads section.....is there one for 2.0 somewhere else?

Norv

Please use also this convert.php file, with the .sql attached above, and I will take a look to see why it might be missing. Thank you for letting us know.

ACAMS

Norv

Please find it attached to my previous post.

ACAMS

EDIT: it seems to be working now.......just taking a long time to do the posts.

Norv

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'
Can you please check out the files you're using? It looks like using a file for 1.1.10, still, and I double check these attached here, they seem to be the right files, for 2.0. Perhaps cleaning up your SMF folder from converter files and re-uploading only the above convert.php file, and the above .sql file, and using them, would be worth doing.

ETA: ah you edited your post, great! It's normal to take a while, depending on the size of the database.

ACAMS

My internet is super slow, and I got in a hurry and did the wrong vbulletin37_to_smf.sql

I have the right convert.php and the right vbulletin37_to_smf.sql now and here is where it stopped this time.

Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

ACAMS

What if I went on the VB forums and deleted all polls.
think that would work?

BrianVB

with vBulletin 3.8 to 2.0 it is really easy and  (not very)fast.

Norv

ACAMS: please try using the attached file instead, where I made a correction that should allow it to work even when at polls, by the looks of it, something unexpected may happen. (presumably there's no postuserid for one of your polls)

BrianVB: good to hear!

ACAMS

I got 1 step closer.

Converting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (votes)

Advertisement: