1.1.11 all posted images missing ???

Started by aw06, December 01, 2009, 07:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

OK maybe just me ... but i just updates to SMF 1.1.11 on 2 separate forums .. and all posted images withing post are not showing ....

Anybody else notice this ?  ::)
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Kill Em All

I just noticed this to. Anyone have a solution?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Paul_Pauline

I just updated via the link, everything seems fine !
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

aw06

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on December 01, 2009, 08:01:46 PM
I just updated via the link, everything seems fine !

You are able to see posted images ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Paul_Pauline

Yep, nothing has changed !

I clicked on the link, all tests were successful, I installed the upgrade and all is well !

I'm using core default on my forum !
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

nrepuyan

i just upgraded...noticing that flash embeding / image posting is not working because for some reason any URLs are having an extra "http://" added to the URL so links are coming out looking like "http://http://website....."

suggestions?

Paul_Pauline

I just did a test image upload and it worked as nornal !

nrepuyan

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on December 01, 2009, 08:09:29 PM
I just did a test image upload and it worked as nornal !

paul i don't believe the issue is with uploading an image...it has to do with how it's automatically handling URLs of any sort adding an extra http to the address within the [img] bbc etc.

TDNY

I just updated to 1.1.1 and did an attachment in a post test and it worked fine. All my other attachments are good too. I also made sure to backup and made sure all tests were succesful before continuing.
TDNY

Kill Em All

Its how it views a image located on the web, and if it is working normally for you, congratulations, I'm happy for you, but its not working for currently 3/4ths of the people using it, so there is obviously something wrong with the package. I'm currently viewing the changes, to see if there is something wrong, but I'm not much of a php guru as some others, so I probably wont catch it.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

nrepuyan

Quote from: Compuart on December 01, 2009, 08:11:02 PM
There was indeed a problem with a few modifications in the package. If you've installed it and are experiencing the image location problem, uninstall it (should be easy when using the package manager) and reinstall it either by downloading it again (the proper version is now online) or downloading it from the first message of this topic.

We apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused.

the fix worked for me. excellent response time in a resolution.

aw06

N3RVE

Indeed. The packages have been regenerated. If you upgraded within the first couple hours, you need to uninstall it via the package manager and install this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

nrepuyan

Quote from: Kill Em All on December 01, 2009, 08:15:02 PM
Its how it views a image located on the web, and if it is working normally for you, congratulations, I'm happy for you, but its not working for currently 3/4ths of the people using it, so there is obviously something wrong with the package. I'm currently viewing the changes, to see if there is something wrong, but I'm not much of a php guru as some others, so I probably wont catch it.

per this guy in the post regarding the 1.1.11 release...
Quote from: Compuart on December 01, 2009, 08:11:02 PM
There was indeed a problem with a few modifications in the package. If you've installed it and are experiencing the image location problem, uninstall it (should be easy when using the package manager) and reinstall it either by downloading it again (the proper version is now online) or downloading it from the first message of this topic.

We apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused.

they fixed and released that fix already...

just uninstall the upgrade via package manager and reinstall it via the package managers click here link or downloading and manually upgrading will fix it as they added a updated packaged upgrade.

Paul_Pauline

Seems I downloaded the upgrade after it had been fixed !

Happy Days  ;D

Kill Em All

Ranter

aw06

Tought i was going nuts when no images were loading  ;D SMF Quick response team to the rescue :D

Rafferty

Same problem here but no uninstall package dam it!!

QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Advertisement: