News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

help me vb2smf

Started by the manger, December 07, 2009, 07:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the manger

Hello
I loaded the program to convert vb 2 smf
Request link conversion and filled with evidence or tracks as well as the password for the database
But it turned me this error
pleas i want to your help

Norv

Please note that if you installed the older branch, SMF 1.1.11, then you should use the converter to SMF 1.1.11. If you installed SMF 2.0 RC2, you should use the converter to SMF 2.0. Each can be found on this site's Downloads > Converters. Please upload the files in the SMF folder, too, just in case.

To what SMF version do you try to convert?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

the manger

Forum I have issued the existing 1.1 and 1.1 Adapter
I will now try to use the Version 2.0

the manger

Tried version 2.0
But did not solve the problem

Norv

Can you please try this: make a subfolder includes, in SMF folder. Create a file named config.php on your computer, and open it in a lightweight code editor, like notepad++ if you're on windows. Add to it:

<?php

//    ****** DATABASE TYPE ******
    //    This is the type of the database server on which your vBulletin database is located.
$config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

//    ****** DATABASE NAME ******
    //    This is the name of the database where your vBulletin is located.
$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'vbulletin';

//    ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
    //    Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';

?>

Please replace the values with the correct values of your vbulletin installation (your actual database name, your tables prefix if any; make sure they're still inside ' '). Save the file, and upload it in the ./config subfolder created above.
Then, run the converter of that respective SMF installation, and instead of the path to vbulletin, tell it the path to SMF (the path to the folder parent of this includes subfolder).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

the manger

Quote from: Norv on December 08, 2009, 03:18:48 PM
Can you please try this: make a subfolder includes, in SMF folder. Create a file named config.php on your computer, and open it in a lightweight code editor, like notepad++ if you're on windows. Add to it:

<?php

//    ****** DATABASE TYPE ******
    //    This is the type of the database server on which your vBulletin database is located.
$config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

//    ****** DATABASE NAME ******
    //    This is the name of the database where your vBulletin is located.
$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'vbulletin';

//    ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
    //    Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';

?>

Please replace the values with the correct values of your vbulletin installation (your actual database name, your tables prefix if any; make sure they're still inside ' '). Save the file, and upload it in the ./config subfolder created above.
Then, run the converter of that respective SMF installation, and instead of the path to vbulletin, tell it the path to SMF (the path to the folder parent of this includes subfolder).

I tried, did not succeed

the manger

Norv

Sorry for the delay.
Can you please tell, in the folder of what version of SMF did you add the "includes" subfolder? Is there the convert.php and sql file in the same SMF folder? Are those files from the converter to this exact version of SMF? Do you point now to the SMF folder in the converter when it asks for vb?
Please consider re-checking, as when this error was reported, it was due to a misconfiguration of one of the above.

Advertisement: