I successfully converted a 3.8.4 VB board to SMF2 RC2, but now I can't login??

Started by vividwarior, December 02, 2009, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vividwarior

I successfully converted a 3.8.4 VB board to SMF2 RC2, but now I can't login??

I setup an admin account when installing SMF initially, same name but different password as another admin account on the old board. Now after the convert I can't login with any passwords.

Norv

All the members from the new SMF installation were wiped during conversion, and the members from vBulletin imported. So only with that old password, login should work. Please make sure you clean your browser cookies, and perhaps cache just in case, and try again.
In case your browser is saving passwords, might be worth making sure it doesn't use the saved password.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

mafia7

Norv

mafia7: as said in your other topic, please consider using only English in this board. You have an answer there, too.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

the faithful

i also converted to smf from vb i had the same problem like you as in smf to the security system for pass is deferent from vb
i converted to smf1.1.11  evry thing was good i think upgrading t0 smf 2 now will solve the previos problem but i wont do till it become stable
if you want smf2 convert first to smf 1.1.11 and upgrade to smf2
i hope i had helped and sorry for my bad english

Norv

The authentication mechanism is different, but SMF 2.0 has integrated the vbulletin authentication mechanism, so logging in should just work. Sure, it will change to SMF's hashing after the first login, for performance reasons.
For SMF 1.1.x, a login fix is provided in the vbulletin converter support topic.

Jed11

I tried and tried to convert my vBulletin 3.8 to SMF 1.1 stable with no luck so I have it a try with 2.0 and it worked perfectly the first time.

All logins are requiring a double sign-in the first time, but after that all is working well with no issues.

Glad to be back with SMF and plan to stay.

Norv

Advertisement: