News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Message for your guests

Started by babjusi, September 29, 2008, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekid65

I'm uninstalling all mods and themes in order to start off fresh when I install RC1. However, when trying to uninstall this mod, I get asked for a code modification to 2 files prior to uninstalling:

Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php

I'm not real clear on exactly what modification I need to make to the code. I'll attach a cap of the modification I'm being asked to do, along with the files I'm being asked to modify.

bullbreedluverz

you could, if you dont have a copy of the package on your PC, download it and use this package parser http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser/index.php to give you the actual uninstall edits

thekid65

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Babjusi left me in charge of his mods, so if anyone has an issue, please see my site where I can give better support.

Thanks! ;)

http://smf.houseofsmoky.com
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

flamechica

Smoky, I need help and did not want to have to register for another site that I will probably only use this once.

I have been using this mod for quite some time. I modified it (described in this topic) to suite my needs at the time. However, I have hired someone to help with the Admin duties, but they aren't very technologically savvy, so I don't want them to be an "admin" but would like them to have access to this mod. Is there a way to edit the mod to include membergroup based settings? I can do my own edits, just don't know what to edit.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

sorry for the late response, but currently i am not supporting any of my mods.

i am not around and if you want help and you havent found it here, you will need to contact someone on my site that knows my mods.

i have found a life and i am enjoying the hell out of it.. and its for the best, since my grandmother died and i do not code at this moment, perhaps i will be back later..

thank you for understanding.

Smoky

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Garou

I thought babjusi had control of the mod again anyway.  ;)

radioninty

Brilliant mod!

Feel free to see it in action hxxp:www.radio-ninty.com [nonactive] (TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 / SMF 1.1.10)

checkmater

Thanks, I was looking for this feature (Pop Ups are bad...)

Thank you!
SMF, other software developing and some other stuff on my website, you can also hire someone at myFreelancing website . xD

Malkuth

I am running SMF2.0 RC1.2 with a custom theme. I attempted to install your mod using the package manager. It said it installed with no problem. However, the acp is not modified. In looking at this thread, I noticed that there was a lot of people that had the same problem with different themes. So, I modified the index.template.php as it says in your manual instructions. It still does not appear. The theme I am using is Xtheme2. It is a copy of default, with my modifications.

TurtleKicker

Smoky "Rider" Blue

@ Malkuth: you must add it again to any custom theme you are using.. remember to back up in case of mistakes.. for more help you can pm Babjusi as this is his mod..

@ sremick: try it and find out.. remember once again to back up your work before trying.. report any issues/success with this mod..

thank you!  8)

TurtleKicker

Quote from: SmokyBlue on November 12, 2009, 03:07:39 PM
@ sremick: try it and find out.. remember once again to back up your work before trying.. report any issues/success with this mod..

I don't actually run on SMF2 RC2. I'm on 1.1.10 and won't upgrade to RC2 until I've confirmed support of all the mods I depend on.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

then i suggest to wait until the mod author, BABJUSI has the time to check things out and pronounces it as fit for the rc 2 as since you are still using the 1.1 series, you are talking a big leap from what you are accustomed to.. (big hint, go ahead and install a test forum and start getting used to the new layout)

i wish you good luck and if you need anything further, please post.

thanks!   ;)

dillon

Great mod!  i need it to work with dibermc.  I see lots of talk about modifications to get this to work on custom themes but are there detailed directions anywhere?

Thanks again for the great mod.

Matthew K.

Dillion - For adding mods to custom themes, the Source edits will be exactly as stated when you parse the package, just follow the Template edits as closely as you can, if you don't find an edit, find what it was editing, and then alter the code it adds to fit what you found.

Labradoodle-360

Advertisement: