Making Gender and Birthday required for register

Started by Atoa, December 04, 2009, 06:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

sorry for late response foks .... was bit ill

so here u go

/themes/default/Register.template.php

Find:
// If OpenID is enabled, give the user a choice between password and OpenID.

Add Before:
//Show Bday on reg

echo '
<dl class="register_form">
<dt>
<strong>', $txt['dob'], '</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['dob_year'], ' - ', $txt['dob_month'], ' - ', $txt['dob_day'], '</span>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="bday3" size="4" maxlength="4" value="', (!empty($context['member']['birth_date']) ? $context['member']['birth_date']['year'] : ''), '" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday1" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', (!empty($context['member']['birth_date']) ? $context['member']['birth_date']['month'] : ''), '" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday2" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', (!empty($context['member']['birth_date']) ? $context['member']['birth_date']['day'] : ''), '" />
</dd>
</dl>';

plz keep the original file as back up ;)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Afro

Its good but people might not like the idea of adding the birthday there.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Afro

then you hat to write ''optional'' below it Just to indicate that. that would be nice

Joker™

DOne ... thanx for the suggestion :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

chadon

I tried this mod on SMF: 2.0 RC3 but the text tags below are not showing on the registration page. Does anyone have any idea what I can replace them with? My forum is in French.

<strong>', $txt['dob'], '</strong><br />
      <span class="smalltext">', $txt['dob_year'], ' - ', $txt['dob_month'], ' - ', $txt['dob_day'], '</span>

Update:

I checked the tags in the Profile.french.php file and they are the same as the ones on the mod so I don't understand what could be wrong. ???

$txt['dob'] = 'Date de naissance';

$txt['dob_month'] = 'Mois (MM)';

$txt['dob_day'] = 'Jour (JJ)';

$txt['dob_year'] = 'Année (AAAA)';

Update 2:

I don't know if I did the right thing but I added the text strings above in Modifications.french.php and it fixed my problem. I didn't notice any bug with either the registration page or the profile page with those strings in 2 language files but if someone has a better solution, let me know.  :)

SC RaceFan

I don't see how to make it a drop down. Oh, 2.0 RC5.  I went to your site and registered Afro and didn't see either field day or month.  I just went to the profile on here and it has Birthday.....some one needs to share LOL
If I knew what I was doing, I would not be here asking question!  If I were a programmer, I would not need you!

sliverz

Ok, This works on the member registration, but not on administrator's new member registration.

As an administrator I already have a list of members I need to add and assign group member, their birthday, and maybe their avatars image.

So I need to do it from the admin page -> Members -> Register New Member.

Otherwise I have to update their profile after I add them. Which will be a lot of work. I'm looking for the fastest way to do this.

I noticed the fields smf use are : bday3 for year, bday1 for month, and bday2 for date. I tried to add these fields on the form and post it, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Joker™

Quote from: SC RaceFan on March 14, 2011, 05:53:46 PM
I don't see how to make it a drop down. Oh, 2.0 RC5.  I went to your site and registered Afro and didn't see either field day or month.  I just went to the profile on here and it has Birthday.....some one needs to share LOL

Go to
Administration Center » Core Features >> Advanced Profile Fields (enable it)

Then go to
Administration Center » Features and Options » Profile Fields >> Add new field there and adjust options as per your liking.

Quote from: sliverz on April 08, 2011, 12:13:52 PM
Ok, This works on the member registration, but not on administrator's new member registration.

As an administrator I already have a list of members I need to add and assign group member, their birthday, and maybe their avatars image.

So I need to do it from the admin page -> Members -> Register New Member.

Otherwise I have to update their profile after I add them. Which will be a lot of work. I'm looking for the fastest way to do this.

I noticed the fields smf use are : bday3 for year, bday1 for month, and bday2 for date. I tried to add these fields on the form and post it, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
That will require some coding, open a new thread someone might help you there, as this thread is already marked as solved.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

drroot

Yes. same question here. Any more details?

How to use bday3-bday1-bday2 in good formated "Profile fields"?

Thanks.

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issue, this thread belongs to someone else and is marked solved. also please dont bump old threads.

dooie

Thank you for your information, I forgot to add the <dl></dl> open and close tags, now everything lines up.

Cheers.

Advertisement: