News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[1.1.11 update problem] Session verification failed. Please try logging out.....

Started by steve51184, December 05, 2009, 12:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

a few members of my site are getting this error and i've googled for an answer but nothing works...

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

smf 1.1.11 + subdreamer 2.5.3.2 pro

my settings:

Kays

Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

Something to try is to go into the Admin CP, Server Settings > Feature Configuration and set the following:

Enable local storage of cookies - unchecked
Use database driven sessions - checked

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

steve51184

thanks for the quick reply but i have that already (pic included in first post)

Kays

Yah, but you had edited it while I was posting. :P

Normally that resolves login issues as such. Only other thought to check "Use subdomain independent cookies"

Is this happening with any particular browser?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

steve51184

Quote from: Kays on December 05, 2009, 12:16:53 PM
Yah, but you had edited it while I was posting. :P

Normally that resolves login issues as such. Only other thought to check "Use subdomain independent cookies"

Is this happening with any particular browser?

i'll try that option... and no a few different browsers so far noting solid

steve51184

right the 'subdomain independent cookies' option didn't work

also it started doing this around the 1.1.11 update...

Kays

I updated my forums yesterday and haven't noticed any problems or had any complaints. Yet..

You could try changing the cookie name. Sometimes it helps, but everyone will need to re-login then.

What do you mean by that? What happens?

Could you possibly set up a test account. Just a regular member acount to check the session issue.

My Mods

steve51184

Quote from: Kays on December 05, 2009, 12:40:43 PM
I updated my forums yesterday and haven't noticed any problems or had any complaints. Yet..

You could try changing the cookie name. Sometimes it helps, but everyone will need to re-login then.

What do you mean by that? What happens?

Could you possibly set up a test account. Just a regular member acount to check the session issue.

according to my members ticking 'subdomain independent cookies' did nothing and there getting the same error

and i've tried to login to a test account (and even there's with there permission) but i can't reproduce the error

and yes i've tried to rename the cookie

steve51184

right i've found the error it was the latest update as i just uninstalled the 1.1.11 update taking me back to 1.1.10 and it's working fine for all members now so it's a problem within the update

i have of course installed the 1.1.11 update again for security reasons but i now know what's causing the problem... is there a fix?

Kays

But why is it only happening to a few?

and i've tried to login to a test account (and even there's with there permission) but i can't reproduce the error

What I meant is so I can check it also. :)

However since it's not doing it for you. I'm wondering if it's happening with a particular browser.

Get them to clear their cache and cookies.

My Mods

steve51184

Quote from: Kays on December 05, 2009, 01:09:16 PM
But why is it only happening to a few?

What I meant is so I can check it also. :)

However since it's not doing it for you. I'm wondering if it's happening with a particular browser.

Get them to clear their cache and cookies.

i've had people tell me google/firefox so it's not just one browser and i've had them clear there cache/cookies but that didn't work

anyway like my last post said the problem was fixed with removing the latest 1.1.11 update so the problem is with that

Kays

If the problem is with the upgrade, it's not a common one. However if you feel that there is a problem feel free to file a bug report in the Bug Reports forum.

If you don't mind posting or PMing me a login for a test account so I can check it out.

Also, what mods do you have installed?

My Mods

gbsothere

This may or may not help, but it was suggested in the original post of the "SMF 1.1.11 released" thread that if anyone encountered a Session Verification error, to refer to this thread:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278824.msg1829348#msg1829348

(Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm misunderstanding the issue.)

:)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Kays

That link seems to be in regards to session verification errors when installing the upgrade.

The case here is not being able to stay logged in.

My Mods

gbsothere

Quote from: Kays on December 05, 2009, 03:11:31 PM
That link seems to be in regards to session verification errors when installing the upgrade.

The case here is not being able to stay logged in.

Ah, well there you go.  I began second-guessing myself, just after posting it.  I should have gone with my instincts and deleted.

Thanks, Kays.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Kays

My Mods

Norv

Please consider using the Support topic you started, as the problem is not reported by anyone else and it seems very unlikely to be a bug. Rest assured that in case your support topic proves there is a bug in SMF related to this, it will be reconsidered.

Until that, I will merge this topic to the support topic, for the moment. Please can you still consider to provide a test account, normal member account, so we can test eventually with different browsers and see if we can replicate anything?

Please also tell a list of the mods you have installed.

Also, do you have .htaccess file(s) in your web directory or SMF directory?

Also, can you please copy paste the errors in your forum error log, here.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

steve51184

Quote from: Norv on December 05, 2009, 06:25:58 PM
Please consider using the Support topic you started, as the problem is not reported by anyone else and it seems very unlikely to be a bug. Rest assured that in case your support topic proves there is a bug in SMF related to this, it will be reconsidered.

Until that, I will merge this topic to the support topic.

i was only doing what Kays suggested... anyway can i get some help on this please? :)

Norv

Of course, I'm sorry, I didn't mean there is anything wrong with it. :)
I just think it needs more investigation, myself. Please see my previous post, I edited it, for further things we might find useful to verify, and please consider trying to answer them.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

steve51184

Please also tell a list of the mods you have installed.

i have MANY mods installed but 99% of them where installed manually so i don't have a list sorry

Also, do you have .htaccess file(s) in your web directory or SMF directory?

yes in my www root (not my smf root) http://paste2.org/p/549127

Also, can you please copy paste the errors in your forum error log, here.

i had the error log off but i'll turn it back on and post some when they come in :)

Advertisement: