News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimpleSEF 2.0 (SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0)

Started by SlammedDime, December 05, 2009, 10:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhy89

thanx it is perfect mod :o
Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

JBlaze

Quote from: Boby_ on December 07, 2009, 06:20:22 AM
I tried to install the mod - everything was fine until I've tried to activate it.
When I try to put the check and push the save button, nothing happens - the checkbox is empty again and the mod is not active. I've checked all the files by hand - what should be installed was installed. Do you have any idea why this happens?
Is it supposed to happen when there is no Microsoft URL Rewrite or mod_rewrite running on the server or there could be another reason?

There is a failsafe that will disable the mod if your server has not created a web.config or .htaccess file (depending on your server software). You will have to manually create either file using the readme in the Admin section for the mod.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

underfire

is there any process with the turkish issue??

SlammedDime

Quote from: Boby_ on December 07, 2009, 06:20:22 AM
I tried to install the mod - everything was fine until I've tried to activate it.
When I try to put the check and push the save button, nothing happens - the checkbox is empty again and the mod is not active. I've checked all the files by hand - what should be installed was installed. Do you have any idea why this happens?
Is it supposed to happen when there is no Microsoft URL Rewrite or mod_rewrite running on the server or there could be another reason?
The way the code block works is like this:
If you have IIS installed, it checks to see if you have a web.config file with the proper information.  If you do, it enables it.  If you don't have IIS, then it checks to see that .htaccess exists and has the right information.  If you do, then it enables it.  If not, then it does not allow you to enable it.

If you have an apache, litespeed or Lighttpd server, make sure that .htaccess exists and has the proper information shown in the SimpleSEF configuration panel by clicking the little [Help] link in the description.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Quote from: underfire on December 07, 2009, 12:27:21 PM
I believe I have a solution for it... I'm just waiting for Yagiz to PM me his email address so I can send him a copy to test. :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Yağız...

Quote from: SlammedDime on December 07, 2009, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: underfire on December 07, 2009, 12:27:21 PM
I believe I have a solution for it... I'm just waiting for Yagiz to PM me his email address so I can send him a copy to test. :)
Oops sorry :) Pm'ed ^^

SlammedDime

No worries, I've sent the email... please reply back here or via PM and let me know how it goes :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

hartiberlin

Hi SlammedDime,
nice mod !

Well, I have some problems in the Admin/Forum Maintenance/Routine/Check all files against current versions
area.

If you want to see, if all SMF Files versus current onces,
it only shows ??

ALso sometimes, when I just want to go into a board,
it just say: the topic does not exist...
Maybe this is somecaching issue ?

I am using it on a PortaMX enabled site.

I must test this some more and let you know.

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

SlammedDime

I've updated the mod to v1.0.1 which should fix any issues with character sets and the issue Yagiz was having.  The mod should now work with any character set that SMF works with.

Stefan - I haven't had any issues with the version check, works okay on my test sites.  I haven't used PortaMX, but that shouldn't make a difference.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

shumilica

Great mod, but why isn't redirecting with 301 from the old link to the new link? That means, if you don't start from zero with a forum that has this mod installed, all the links google indexed and all backlinks will not be available. Am I right?
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

hartiberlin

Hi,

How does one update best from:
Version: 1.0.0 to Version: 1.0.1 ?

Just via the package manager ?

Or do I have to deinstall Version: 1.0.0 first ?

By the way, when I set my forum to German language as the default,
SimpleSEF Version: 1.0.0  did not show any settings inside its admin panel...
So do I need to copy all the values from the English admin panel
into the German admin panel settings ?

SlammedDime

Quote from: shumilica on December 07, 2009, 05:07:14 PM
Great mod, but why isn't redirecting with 301 from the old link to the new link? That means, if you don't start from zero with a forum that has this mod installed, all the links google indexed and all backlinks will not be available. Am I right?
It does, and should, 301 redirect from ?topic=1.0 to /general_discussion/my_topic_1.html.  It does on my test site.  See the screenshot with the Firebug output...

Stefan - Sorry, I forgot to include the upgrade instruction in the mod package.  I'll upload a new one momentarily that allows 'upgrade'.

ETA: Uploaded revised package.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

mirahalo

great mod ;) if you accept translations, heres spanish_es/spanish_latin with utf8 version:

$txt['simplesef'] = 'SimpleSEF';
$txt['simplesef_desc'] = 'Esta secci&oacute;n te permite editar la configuraci&oacute;n de el mod SimpleSEF.<br /><br />
<strong>Nota: Si al habilitar este mod empiezas a tener errores tipo 404 en tu foro, es muy probable que tu servidor no haya creado al archivo .htaccess o web.config ,  o tu hosting no tiene el mod_rewrite o Microsoft Url Rewrite module instalados y no podr&aacute;s usar este mod.</strong> [<a href="#" onclick="showSimpleSEFHelp(); return false;">Ayuda</a>] (en ingl&eacute;s)
<span style="display:block;" id="simplesef_help">si tienes un servidor Apache, o alguno que use archivos .htaccess y tiene mod_rewrite funcionando, necesitas crear un archivo .htaccess en el directorio ra&iacute;z de tu foro SMF con lo siguiente:
<span style="display:block;" class="codeheader">C&oacute;digo:</span>
<code>RewriteEngine On
<br />RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
<br />RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
<br />RewriteRule (.*) index.php</code>
<br />
Si tienes un servidor IIS7 (windows), necesitas un archivo web.config en el directorio ra&iacute;z de tu foro con lo siguiente:
<span style="display:block;" class="codeheader">C&oacute;digo:</span>
<code>&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;
<br />&lt;configuration&gt;
<br />    &lt;system.webServer&gt;
<br />        &lt;rewrite&gt;
<br />            &lt;rules&gt;
<br />                &lt;rule name=&quot;SimpleSEF&quot;&gt;
<br />                    &lt;match url=&quot;(.*)&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                    &lt;conditions logicalGrouping=&quot;MatchAll&quot;&gt;
<br />                        &lt;add input=&quot;{REQUEST_FILENAME}&quot; matchType=&quot;IsFile&quot; negate=&quot;true&quot; pattern=&quot;&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                        &lt;add input=&quot;{REQUEST_FILENAME}&quot; matchType=&quot;IsDirectory&quot; negate=&quot;true&quot; pattern=&quot;&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                    &lt;/conditions&gt;
<br />                    &lt;action type=&quot;Rewrite&quot; url=&quot;index.php&quot; /&gt;
<br />                &lt;/rule&gt;
<br />            &lt;/rules&gt;
<br />        &lt;/rewrite&gt;
<br />    &lt;/system.webServer&gt;
<br />&lt;/configuration&gt;
</code>
</span>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><!' . '[CDATA[
document.getElementById("simplesef_help").style.display = "none";
function showSimpleSEFHelp()
{
document.getElementById("simplesef_help").style.display = "block";
}
// ]]' . '></script>';
$txt['simplesef_enable'] = 'Habilitar SimpleSEF';
$txt['simplesef_enable_desc'] = 'Requiere el tener instalado el mod_rewrite o Rewrite/web.config (IIS7).';
$txt['simplesef_simple'] = 'Crear Direcciones simples';
$txt['simplesef_simple_desc'] = 'Las direcciones se ver&aacute;n as&iacute; /forum/board-1/, o as&iacute; /forum/topic-3.html.';
$txt['simplesef_space'] = 'Espacio';
$txt['simplesef_space_desc'] = 'Caracter que ser&aacute; usado en lugar de el espacio en las direcciones.  lo normal ser&iacute;a _ o -.';
$txt['simplesef_suffix'] = 'Extenci&oacute;n del tema';
$txt['simplesef_suffix_desc'] = 'Extenci&oacute;n que ser&aacute; usada en los temas, por ejemplo (html, php).';
$txt['simplesef_suffix_required'] = 'Se requiere una extenci&oacute;n';
$txt['simplesef_strip_words'] = 'Palabras no incluidas';
$txt['simplesef_strip_words_desc'] = 'Estas palabras no se mostrar&aacute;n en los enlaces. Esto crea enlaces m&aacute;s cortos, pero siguen siendo entendibles.  las palabras que desees quitar deber&aacute;n separarse por comas ( , ) (no espacios).';
$txt['simplesef_strip_chars'] = 'Caracteres a quitar';
$txt['simplesef_strip_chars_desc'] = 'Estos caracteres no se mostrar&aacute;n en los enlaces. Esto crea enlaces m&aacute;s cortos, pero siguen siendo entendibles.  las palabras que desees quitar deber&aacute;n separarse por comas ( , ) (no espacios).';
$txt['simplesef_lowercase'] = 'Direcciones con letras min&uacute;sculas';
$txt['simplesef_lowercase_desc'] = 'Usa esta opci&oacute;n para convertir todas las direcciones a letras minusculas.';
$txt['simplesef_action_title'] = 'Acciones, Subacciones y &Aacute;reas';
$txt['simplesef_action_desc'] = 'Estas son todas las acciones, Subacciones y &aacute;reas de el foro. Normalmente, no necesitas editar esta lista.  de hecho, si editas esta lista, puedes hacer que partes de tu foro no funcionen bien de manera temporal.  Pongo esta lista solo en caso de que algo haya salido mal y necesite ser editado.  [<a href="#" onclick="return editAreas();">Editar</a>]';
$txt['simplesef_actions'] = 'Acciones';
$txt['simplesef_subactions'] = 'Subacciones';
$txt['simplesef_areas'] = 'Áreas';
$txt['simplesef_adds'] = '<a href="http://www.mattzuba.com">SimpleSEF</a> adds';

utf8 version:

$txt['simplesef'] = 'SimpleSEF';
$txt['simplesef_desc'] = 'Esta sección te permite editar la configuración de el mod SimpleSEF.<br /><br />
<strong>Nota: Si al habilitar este mod empiezas a tener errores tipo 404 en tu foro, es muy probable que tu servidor no haya creado al archivo .htaccess o web.config ,  o tu hosting no tiene el mod_rewrite o Microsoft Url Rewrite module instalados y no podráss usar este mod.</strong> [<a href="#" onclick="showSimpleSEFHelp(); return false;">Ayuda</a>] (en inglés)
<span style="display:block;" id="simplesef_help">si tienes un servidor Apache, o alguno que use archivos .htaccess y tiene mod_rewrite funcionando, necesitas crear un archivo .htaccess en el directorio raíz de tu foro SMF con lo siguiente:
<span style="display:block;" class="codeheader">Código:</span>
<code>RewriteEngine On
<br />RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
<br />RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
<br />RewriteRule (.*) index.php</code>
<br />
Si tienes un servidor IIS7 (windows), necesitas un archivo web.config en el directorio raíz de tu foro con lo siguiente:
<span style="display:block;" class="codeheader">Código:</span>
<code>&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;
<br />&lt;configuration&gt;
<br />    &lt;system.webServer&gt;
<br />        &lt;rewrite&gt;
<br />            &lt;rules&gt;
<br />                &lt;rule name=&quot;SimpleSEF&quot;&gt;
<br />                    &lt;match url=&quot;(.*)&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                    &lt;conditions logicalGrouping=&quot;MatchAll&quot;&gt;
<br />                        &lt;add input=&quot;{REQUEST_FILENAME}&quot; matchType=&quot;IsFile&quot; negate=&quot;true&quot; pattern=&quot;&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                        &lt;add input=&quot;{REQUEST_FILENAME}&quot; matchType=&quot;IsDirectory&quot; negate=&quot;true&quot; pattern=&quot;&quot; ignoreCase=&quot;false&quot; /&gt;
<br />                    &lt;/conditions&gt;
<br />                    &lt;action type=&quot;Rewrite&quot; url=&quot;index.php&quot; /&gt;
<br />                &lt;/rule&gt;
<br />            &lt;/rules&gt;
<br />        &lt;/rewrite&gt;
<br />    &lt;/system.webServer&gt;
<br />&lt;/configuration&gt;
</code>
</span>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><!' . '[CDATA[
document.getElementById("simplesef_help").style.display = "none";
function showSimpleSEFHelp()
{
document.getElementById("simplesef_help").style.display = "block";
}
// ]]' . '></script>';
$txt['simplesef_enable'] = 'Habilitar SimpleSEF';
$txt['simplesef_enable_desc'] = 'Requiere el tener instalado el mod_rewrite o Rewrite/web.config (IIS7).';
$txt['simplesef_simple'] = 'Crear Direcciones simples';
$txt['simplesef_simple_desc'] = 'Las direcciones se verán así /forum/board-1/, o así /forum/topic-3.html.';
$txt['simplesef_space'] = 'Espacio';
$txt['simplesef_space_desc'] = 'Caracter que será usado en lugar de el espacio en las direcciones.  lo normal sería _ o -.';
$txt['simplesef_suffix'] = 'Extención del tema';
$txt['simplesef_suffix_desc'] = 'Extención que será usada en los temas, por ejemplo (html, php).';
$txt['simplesef_suffix_required'] = 'Se requiere una extención';
$txt['simplesef_strip_words'] = 'Palabras no incluidas';
$txt['simplesef_strip_words_desc'] = 'Estas palabras no se mostrarán en los enlaces. Esto crea enlaces más cortos, pero siguen siendo entendibles.  las palabras que desees quitar deberán separarse por comas ( , ) (no espacios).';
$txt['simplesef_strip_chars'] = 'Caracteres a quitar';
$txt['simplesef_strip_chars_desc'] = 'Estos caracteres no se mostrarán en los enlaces. Esto crea enlaces más cortos, pero siguen siendo entendibles.  las palabras que desees quitar deberán separarse por comas ( , ) (no espacios).';
$txt['simplesef_lowercase'] = 'Direcciones con letras minúsculas';
$txt['simplesef_lowercase_desc'] = 'Usa esta opción para convertir todas las direcciones a letras minusculas.';
$txt['simplesef_action_title'] = 'Acciones, Subacciones y Áreas';
$txt['simplesef_action_desc'] = 'Estas son todas las acciones, Subacciones y áreas de el foro. Normalmente, no necesitas editar esta lista.  de hecho, si editas esta lista, puedes hacer que partes de tu foro no funcionen bien de manera temporal.  Pongo esta lista solo en caso de que algo haya salido mal y necesite ser editado.  [<a href="#" onclick="return editAreas();">Editar</a>]';
$txt['simplesef_actions'] = 'Acciones';
$txt['simplesef_subactions'] = 'Subacciones';
$txt['simplesef_areas'] = 'Áreas';
$txt['simplesef_adds'] = '<a href="http://www.mattzuba.com">SimpleSEF</a> adds';

greetings!

hartiberlin

Quote from: SlammedDime on December 07, 2009, 06:06:40 PM

Stefan - Sorry, I forgot to include the upgrade instruction in the mod package.  I'll upload a new one momentarily that allows 'upgrade'.

ETA: Uploaded revised package.

Well,I just deinstalled the old 1.0.0 version and installed the new
1.0.1 version
and the error with it not showing the latest file versions is still there.

When I disable SimpleSEF fromits admin panel,
the latest file versions are again there.

So maybe this is an issue, cause I also have installed the latest  PortaMX ?

hartiberlin

Here is a screenshot, that it does not show the file versions.

When I disable SimpleSEF it does show the file versions again.

SlammedDime

Thank you 130860, I'll create a Spanish Language Pack shortly.

Stefan - I'd need to log in to your board and see what the issue is.  If you can PM me an admin login, I'll take a look at it.  Before that though, have you tested on the Default Curve theme to see if the issue still happens there?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

hartiberlin

Okay, I will email you an admin password.
I am only using the default Curve theme.

I am only using:

1.     SimpleSEF      1.0.1
2.    Sitemap    2.1.0
3.    Ad Managment    2.3.6
4.    PortaMx v0.971-1 upgrade    0.971-1
5.    PortaMx v0.971    0.971
6.    RSS Feeder    1.1.4

Regards, Stefan.

shumilica

Quote from: SlammedDime on December 07, 2009, 06:06:40 PM
It does, and should, 301 redirect from ?topic=1.0 to /general_discussion/my_topic_1.html.  It does on my test site.  See the screenshot with the Firebug output...

Curios, mine it says like this:

Moved Permanently

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is my .htaccess (it's exactly what it says in the help link you provide in the mod):

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Why on earth it would redirect to a 404 instead of 301? :O
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

SlammedDime

It didn't redirect to a 404... it redirected to a Server error page.  the part about the 404 just means that your server doesn't have a 404 error handler setup so it threw a generic and let you know about it.

As for the error, as it says, more information is available in the Server Error log... any errors in there?

Stefan - Looks like it has to do with gzip compression.  I'll have to play with it locally to see if I can reproduce it and find a fix for it.  For the time being, you can either disable gzip compression in SMF and have the functionality, or keep it enabled and just wait it out until I can find time to see what is happening.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

hartiberlin

Many thanks.
Where do I enable or disable GZIP compression ?

Advertisement: