most pictures not visible after restore.

Started by mike s, December 07, 2009, 09:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike s

backups were done within Cpanel which creates a .tar file which I download for safekeeping. This would prevent what you're saying from the backup side of the equation....but not the restore side.

To restore the files, I'm extract them locally then ftp them back.  The byte size does change slightly. I may be wrong but I think this is normal padding at the end of a file to meet disk attributes? Or is it a sign of an issue.. I can try to upload the .tar file, extract on the site and move to that folder.. that would resolve any ascii type issues in the restore process.

Does this make sense or do you think it's somethign different altogether?

Kays

If you could upload and unpack the .tar it would probably work. Might be a problem if there's more than the attachments there.

Most FTP clients will allow you to force a transfer type. Set it to binary and try reuploading them. As well, Filezila, does have a setting for transfer type used when there's no file extension. Change the setting on it. I don't use it so I can't tell you where to look.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

mike s

I checked my Filezilla and it was set to 'auto. Changed it to binary, reploaded the pics, validated the file size did not change on the files, and presto! all is well again.

I'd like to sincerely thank you to Kat, Kays & Hadesflames for your assistance... just by interacting and talking it out, we were able to narrow it down and find the issue. I would not have picked up on the binary transfers myself, lol.

regards, Mike.

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: