News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC1 to SMF 2.0 RC 2

Started by rd, December 07, 2009, 08:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd

Run the forum xadro.net, we are using SMF 2.0 RC1(we never updated to 1.2). Is there a way to restore the database from our current forum: xadro.net to the new clean installed version of RC2. I don't really care about the mods.

Please tell me how!

Thank you.

hadesflames

If you just run the large upgrade pack on your forum for RC2 you would have a clean install since the pack will overwrite all of the files. You won't be able to run an RC2 forum with an RC1 database so you have to upgrade anyways.

rd

Quote from: hadesflames on December 07, 2009, 08:46:02 PM
If you just run the large upgrade pack on your forum for RC2 you would have a clean install since the pack will overwrite all of the files. You won't be able to run an RC2 forum with an RC1 database so you have to upgrade anyways.

Are you serious? Why can't I restore a downloaded database? can I atleast insert my members to the new database? There login and password?

hadesflames

the RC1 database needs to be upgraded to work with the RC2 files correctly. If you want you can upgrade the old database, then back it up and restore it, but that's a waste of time because the old forum will be fresh and already running your database...

rd

I get you! Anyway, when are you planning to release dreamportal? I'm gonna wait for(I will not install anoth portal in my new forum). Finish it soon!

hadesflames

wow, thanks for your loyalty! XD

Don't worry, we are working on the portal every chance we get, and while we have no estimated time of release, it shouldn't be too much longer ^^

Anyways, if you have no further questions, you can mark this topic solved by clicking on the Mark Topic Solved button on the bottom left hand corner of this page, just above the quick reply area.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: hadesflames on December 07, 2009, 08:54:13 PM
the RC1 database needs to be upgraded to work with the RC2 files correctly. If you want you can upgrade the old database, then back it up and restore it, but that's a waste of time because the old forum will be fresh and already running your database...

You don't need to backup-restore anything. upgrade.php script will update the database to RC2. Just upload contents of Large Upgrade Package to your forum directory, overwriting the files and then run http://yourforum.com/upgrade.php script.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Advertisement: