News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tidy Child Boards

Started by Arantor, December 09, 2009, 04:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
I get annoyed when people don't read the stuff I originally wrote.

Had you said you'd installed it, but it wasn't where it was supposed to be, that's a support issue. Instead, posting that it's somewhere other than where it's supposed to be just made me think you didn't bother to read, which generally makes me not want to bother to help.

Had you asked me before jumping to conclusions I would have told you this. Needless to say, it still isn't anywhere in my Admin CP (Boards nor Features and Options).

Friendlier support would be appreciated.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Deaks

Mattek, you know that arantor doesnt need to help you, hes doing it cause hes a nice guy, if it were me and not arantor, the responses would be so much different, remember if you want respect then you need to give it.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

IchBin™

Arantor, you were the first to assume since MATTEK didn't provide the information that he should have about not finding the mod settings in the Admin CP. If you're getting angry when providing support you're not doing yourself or this community any good.  If you gave up your mods for this reason, then I'd suggest you not suppor them. I don't think any one has been disrespectful on purpose here. Just saying...
IchBin™        TinyPortal

nina-nina

Quote from: Runic on May 09, 2010, 07:15:22 PM
Mattek, you know that arantor doesnt need to help you, hes doing it cause hes a nice guy, if it were me and not arantor, the responses would be so much different, remember if you want respect then you need to give it.

When and where did Mattek was disrespecful to Arantor?  Mattek just asked a question and Arantor jumped on him.  I all case, it was Arantor who was disrespectful to Mattek who came here for help. 

I came to this thread to ask a question but if I am going to be treated like a stupid I better refrain to ask a question until this mod is supported by an educated respectful person.  Thank you.

Hoodie

Hmm..  I'm surprised nobody has asked this question or thought of this:

How hard would this be to change to forum-wide changes to make it category specific changes?  I mean, what if I only want certain categories to be displayed in columns and others to be displayed regular..  How hard would it be to change this mod to work that way?

Robbo_

Well that is kind of what I was suggesting I do. But board based. Have a forum default and then the option to change it per board. Might be better per category though do you think? I am considering either way. Finding time to do it is a problem though.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Hoodie

I'd like to see it either way I guess..  I mainly just can think of my use as a category basis but I'm sure there would be someone that would then want it to be on each individual board..

So I would go ahead and give it the option per board..  As you said, it wouldn't change the resource load and hopefully wouldn't be too hard to implement..

Thanks for looking into it when you get a chance..

Deaks

this mod doesnt seem to work on MessageIndex.template even on a fresh install!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

improv

Did you checked it out in IE?
It appears to bug. At least, that's what it is doing for me.

TheKillers

Great mod! It would be good if it would be possible to change still font size of sub-forums.

MarcusJ

Quote from: TheKillers on July 22, 2010, 04:04:48 PM
Great mod! It would be good if it would be possible to change still font size of sub-forums.

The answer is already in this thread. :)  His reply was to my inquiry about making the text smaller. 

Quote from: Arantor on March 09, 2010, 07:40:00 PM
Add a rule to the CSS file it adds (Themes/default/tidyboards.css) of:

.tidy_child ul li
{
  font-size: 90%;
}

TheKillers

MarcusJ, o Thanks so much! :)

sss

I tried to install it in 2 forums and always bring me this error

my forum version is 2.0RC3

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_tidy_children() (previously declared in /home/a3771126/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code:517) in /home/a3771126/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 593

Oya

you installed it twice somehow

sss

so... i uninstall it n try again?

Oya

if you uninstall it part of it will still be there

go to the mods page select your version of smf and hit parse itll show you all the changes - make sure theyre all gone before reinstalling

urzo

Where's the support for this mod?  :-\

Afro

No longer supported by the author.

Robbo_

I have very little time sorry.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

urzo

Robbo, did you see my PM?  ;)

Advertisement: