News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Tidy Child Boards

Started by Arantor, December 09, 2009, 04:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark S

It didn't, but I emulated 2.0.10.  I've had is so long, I really don't know what version I was using when I installed it.  Do you think I should just keep trying by subtracting one version at a time, or emulate 2.0.4, the last updated version of the mod?

Thank you for your feedback!

Edit.  I checked that the latest mod version was 1.4.1 and was usable through SMF 2.0.4, so I'll attempt to emulate that and see what happens.

Mark S

That actually worked!  Thank you for prompting me to further think through it!

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Sternenfee

I get an Error message after installing!
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_tidy_children() (previously declared in /www/htdocs/w009ae80/ZB/Sources/Load.php(2670) : eval()'d code:415) in /www/htdocs/w009ae80/ZB/Sources/Load.php(2670) : eval()'d code on line 491

SMF Version is:
   SMF 2.1 Beta 1

Can you help me please? Backend works without errors

Kindred

first and foremost...    this mod almost definitely will not work on 2.1 beta....

second... you seem to have installed the mod twice.
At this point, you are going to have to MANUALLY remove the duplicated code (probably in several files)

Third... If you are using 2.1 beta 1, you are way out of date. (and I certainly hope that you are not using it on a production/live site)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bythe

hi is there any child boards mod for 2.0.11?

Wellwisher

You can achieve what this mod does with a little bit of CSS & a simple theme file edit:

.children.windowbg > a, .children.windowbg > strong {
  float: left;
  width: 30%;
}

This just leaves the crap that SMF puts in by default, i.e the commas ( , ) after each childboard and the colan ( : ) after the text "ChildBoards:". Which you could easily get rid off in one of the theme files, not sure which one off the top of my head.  :P

You could also turn the childboards into a list or table with CSS by adding "display:list;" or "display:table;" to the above code.

Kindred

Did you happen to note that this mod was released 7 years ago, before CSS did much of what it does?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wellwisher

Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2016, 09:13:50 PM
Did you happen to note that this mod was released 7 years ago, before CSS did much of what it does?

Hello Kinded,

People still seem to be using this in 2016. I was about to do the same and emulate to get it working on my custom theme, but thought "Hang on, this feels like such an overkill..." hence why I posted the css snippet above.

Sometimes it feels good to follow the herd and jump off a cliff, other times, you just want to stand still whilst pointing and laughing at them.

Steve

Wellwisher, can I pm you about this?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Wellwisher

Here's a 2016 way of doing this, my tutorial on Tips & Tricks has been approved by @Antes.  8)

[TRICK] Pretty "Child Boards" On Front Page - A 60 Seconds Fix - By Wellwisher

-Rock Lee-

No doubt more than one job I've used it a lot and helped me ah ... Excellent work @Arantor

Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php

$txt['tidy_child_boards'] = 'Organizar foros/subforo en las columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_no'] = 'No poner en columnas (por defecto)';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_2col'] = 'Dos columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_3col'] = 'Tres columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_4col'] = 'Cuatro columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_icon'] = 'Muestra el icono de nuevo(a) tema(s)/respuesta(s) junto al subforo';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_bold'] = 'Mostrar los subforos los tema(s)/respuesta(s) no leídos en negrita';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_new'] = 'Imagen en pantalla de [nuevo/new] junto a los subforos no leídos';

and Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php

$txt['tidy_child_boards'] = 'Organizar foros/subforo en las columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_no'] = 'No poner en columnas (por defecto)';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_2col'] = 'Dos columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_3col'] = 'Tres columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_4col'] = 'Cuatro columnas';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_icon'] = 'Muestra el icono de nuevo(a) tema(s)/respuesta(s) junto al subforo';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_bold'] = 'Mostrar los subforos los tema(s)/respuesta(s) no leídos en negrita';
$txt['tidy_child_boards_new'] = 'Imagen en pantalla de [nuevo/new] junto a los subforos no leídos';

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

ZabiinoOo

mod old version, update please

Arantor

Wapilbn

In mod description it is written :
" Compatible with 1.1.11 Core theme and 2.0 RC2 Curve and Core themes (out of the box, plus it's quite easy to add to others, even doing it manually)"

Ok, well.... can anybody thell me ( maybe mod creator ? ), what i have to do in REDSY THEME  ? I have 2.0.11 version, in the curve and coreits work, in REDSY not :( 

br360

Redsy has it's own BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php, so to get it to work in the redsy theme you would have to manually add in the mod's code edits to those files in the redsy theme.

Another option you can try would be to uninstall this mod (make sure there are no errors when uninstalling) and then you can reinstall the mod- making sure that you are checking the option "Install in Other Themes" for any of your other themes you have when you do reinstall it.

Wapilbn

Quote from: br360 on May 11, 2016, 03:26:54 AM
Redsy has it's own BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php, so to get it to work in the redsy theme you would have to manually add in the mod's code edits to those files in the redsy theme.

Well, if i know what and where i must add.... i'm weak in that things...

Btw... maybe i reinstall this mod ( probadly i will have problems with install it on 2.0.11 ).

br360

If you already installed this on your 2.0.11 forum, you should have no issues uninstalling and then reinstalling again. Just make sure that you do not uninstall if you see errors.

If you emulated your version in your package manager to be able to install this mod, you are going to have to emulate again before you can uninstall.  The link that Arantor posted above should be able to walk you through it again.

Advertisement: