[WIP] Advanced Seo

Started by AdvancedSeo Team, December 10, 2009, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdvancedSeo Team

Funny but really  :) we must do this  :)

project's bug tracker isnt currently.

Arantor

Then how come it's linked on the description page of the mod?

AdvancedSeo Team

this mods bug tracker will open at a future time :)

Arantor

So, let me see.

The bug tracker you linked above is on hhy89's site, he is listed as the admin and has marked bugs solved, he has it in his signature with all the other mods he has written, and it doesn't really look that close in code to SEO4SMF's code.

You have to understand how this looks to us.

AdvancedSeo Team

smfmod.com [nofollow] isnt hhy89's site. it is our site.

Tattoocu_CarteL [nofollow]
iy10 [nofollow]
hhy89 let by TheGotFather upgrading seo4smf. but we let by TheGotFather editing and create this mod.

this mods bug tracker will open at a future time.

Arantor

And I take it that destek.smfmod.com is your site too... in which case how come hhy89 is user number 1 and full administrator?

From my perspective this looks for all the world like someone who is trying to get round a ban to submit a mod. I'm sure you can understand my position on this.

AdvancedSeo Team

Quote from: AdvancedSeo Team on December 11, 2009, 05:05:13 PM
smfmod.com isnt hhy89's site. it is our site.

Tattoocu_CarteL [nofollow]
iy10 [nofollow]
hhy89 let by TheGotFather upgrading seo4smf. but we let by TheGotFather editing and create this mod.

this mods bug tracker will open at a future time.
u dont understand me.
sorry i know very badly eng.

i saying hhy89 is full administrator but we are full administrator. full administrators are five people. and hhy89 tattocu_cartel and iy10 create mods. we create seo4smf 2.0 rc2 but this mod advancedseo created by iy10 and tattocu_cartel, dont by hhy89. because he is banned by submiting mods. do u understand me?

we create this mod. he looked at the problems for seo4smf 2.0 rc2.

very very sorry my badly eng.

tooman

SEO4SMF is great mod, it mean advanced SEO too, i'll try

Arantor

Beautiful URLs does NOTHING for SEO, sorry. All it might do is improve clickthrough from SERPs.

AdvancedSeo Team

Quote from: tooman on December 11, 2009, 07:10:33 PM
SEO4SMF is great mod, it mean advanced SEO too, i'll try
thanx ;)

@Arantor i dont understand u.
what do u mean

Arantor

Using pretty URLs has no measurable benefit on the place on the search engine ranking page at all. Does NOTHING for SEO.

All it *might* do, and this isn't proven, is encourage people to click on the link because the link URL looks nicer. But there's no guarantee it will actually help there either.

AdvancedSeo Team

pretty your url like forum-name/board-name/topic-name/ and url hold in database.
Pretty problem for big forums.

but Seo4Smf or Advanced Seo
QuoteBoard:
forum-example.com/the-board-name-id.html
Topic:
forum-example.com/the-topic-name-id.html
it comes with xml sitemap. this sitemap send to google. then no problem. i think everything is way.

+ seo4smf for 1.1.x and upgrade ur forum. ur links are doesnt go.

Arantor

Sitemaps don't guarantee it will be updated in a reasonable amount of time and it still won't "optimise" your page, nor will it rank you higher.

(And don't forget SimpleSEF does what you're talking about, too)

Dannii

FWIW, even if the mod isn't particularly useful I still think it should be approved once fixed up, as there would be a lot of forums which installed the old SEO4SMF and would benefit from having a current and maintained mod.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Arantor

Fixed up is right... there's a LOT of code in there that needs a work-over, assuming we can lay the doubts we have to rest.

AdvancedSeo Team

all turkish 1.1.x forums use seo4smf. Seo4smf last versiyon: Downloads/Views: 5789 / 7482.
0.2.9.9 's 20824 Downloads. so very very much sites use seo4smf ;)

and this mod works perfecly. what's the problem :) if he want to use, he use this mod.

and then his forum links doesnt gone.

edit: advancedseo_1.0.zip (20.69 KB - Downloads: 12 .)
is it enough?

Arantor

We would point out that in its current form it WILL NOT BE APPROVED. It doesn't conform to the coding guidelines as laid out on the mod site.

But even before we review it, we need to be sure about these:
1. That it was written with appropriate permission - which as we discussed is waiting for a PM from sacx.

2. That hhy89 did not write this mod.

AdvancedSeo Team

Hüsamettin

Quote from: Arantor on December 12, 2009, 04:39:08 AM
We would point out that in its current form it WILL NOT BE APPROVED. It doesn't conform to the coding guidelines as laid out on the mod site.

1. That it was written with appropriate permission - which as we discussed is waiting for a PM from sacx.

i so super a mod  thank you

Yağız...

Quote from: Arantor on December 12, 2009, 04:39:08 AM

I'm sure hhy89 wrote or helped them for that, because he's always talking about this mod everywhere(every Turkish forum), and he says that he did upgraded it to SMF 2.0

Advertisement: