News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF iPhone app

Started by jimdoc, December 10, 2009, 09:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paracelsus

The screenshots look very nice, can't wait to see the app.

SMF works already quite well on iPhone with the Wap2 method, but within an app it might be easier to customize the appearance and use certain features, like editing (I still use 1.1.11 where wap2 doesn't allow editing :P)

kaamaru

tyshcr

I have not tested my App on any forums with SimpleDesk. I don't really know anything about SimpleDesk, but if it is doing anything outside of creating normal SMF posts, you can assume that it will not work with the App. The App strips out all the extras and gives you an easy to navigate format for your iPhone. I cannot guarantee that it will work with any particular website until it has been tested for that website.

Arantor

Oh it definitely won't work, it has custom templates and everything.

tyshcr

Well, "custom templates" aren't necessarily a problem, just depends how cusomized they are. For instance, it does work with redandwhitekop.com [nofollow] and pianostreet.com [nofollow]

Arantor

Custom completely from scratch templates, using a totally different set of code to anything else ever seen in SMF, like separating the first post out with a whole new block of code.

http://www.simpledesk.net/community/news-and-announcements/sneak-peek-iii-the-screenshots-strike-back-307.0.html is what it looks like.

Windy

All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

MordyT

Quote from: Rumbaar on January 06, 2010, 05:09:49 PM
I'm sure vBulletin/phpBB has a dedicated iPhone app already?  So it seems there is a market for a dedicated application.

Example: http://www.tapatalk.com/
btw, they now have smf in beta.

I am using it with no problem.
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

tyshcr

Tapatalk seems to be similar to the iHackMyi App, in that it works with specific forums. That's not a bad thing, but leaves regular users out in the cold.

I do know that they have been rejecting Apps, but thank you for the heads-up. I'm pushing forward at this point.

Aranator - if you have a sample forum that actually uses SimpleDesk, I can test it out. At this point I would not assume that it would work.

Screen Shots available at www.SMFiPhoneApp.com [nofollow]

Arantor

tyschr - I have a test forum running SimpleDesk 1.0 beta (though we've fixed a number of bugs since then) that I can let you have details of by PM.

tyshcr

This is a test.

This post made using the Free SMF iPhone App [nofollow].

Dragooon

Quote from: MordyT on March 09, 2010, 08:02:38 PM
Quote from: Rumbaar on January 06, 2010, 05:09:49 PM
I'm sure vBulletin/phpBB has a dedicated iPhone app already?  So it seems there is a market for a dedicated application.

Example: http://www.tapatalk.com/
btw, they now have smf in beta.

I am using it with no problem.
It is so far the best forum browser app I found so far. That and I made the SMF interface for it :P.

Kill Em All

http://www.tapatalk.com/

There is also that for the time being. Works with vB, phpbb, ipb, and most importantly, and the best for last, SMF. :)

I'm not sure on the exact details and stuff, I'm going to test it out when the itouch charges.

Edit: I misread, its in dev for SMF, but I'll leave the link for future reference. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tyshcr

Feeling really good about my progress, will be submitting to Apple this Thursday. 

~DS~

So far I think http://www.tapatalk.com/ is great which increase traffic and chance of joining because it's on tapatalk network.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

tyshcr

ForumKast is now live in the App Store. Thank you to everyone who offered their help and support.

The App is FREE, please check it out.

Constructive criticism welcome.

www.SMFiPhoneApp.com

~DS~

Ok it's showing error "This forum appears to requires a username for browsing"
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

tyshcr

If you are trying to access this forum, you need to enter the URL as www.simplemachines.org/community because that is the URL for the login page. 

tyshcr

~DS~

Well mine need do the action:
http://thetwoworldsforum.com/index.php?action=forum
I looked up at my topics and all of them are last update by the wrong members. For example, I am the last person to post:
Updated by Dismal Shadow

But on the app it says
Update by Alex
???

Advertisement: