Curve Mobile

Started by Dragooon, December 13, 2009, 11:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben_S

Looking good, only negative I see so far is there are no page number at the bottom so you need to scroll up to navigate between pages in a topic / board.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Eliana Tamerin

Dragooon, did you forget Android and Blackberry support?

// Load all the agents for smart phones.
// name of device, string to look for
$user_agents = array(
array('iPhone', 'iPhone'),
array('iPod', 'iPod'),
array('PocketIE', 'IEMobile'),
array('Opera Mini', isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_OPERAMINI_PHONE_UA'])),
array('Opera Mobile', 'Opera Mobi'),
);

My Android phone identifies as none of those. And my own attempts at a solution haven't proved helpful. My Android user agent, though, shows up as:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux: U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KTHML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

The 1.6, T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83 parts are likely to change in various versions (especially considering the Droid/Milestone, Eris/Hero and Nexus One all running different versions from mine). Any way to capture just the "Android" portion?

Hope that helps.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

RawDepth

Can this mod be installed if I have EzPortal installed? No other mods are installed.

I really want to make my forum .mobi friendly.

Dragooon

Its not a mod but a theme. And it can be installed however the sidepanels will be displayed(Which is really bad for a small screen). I could not find a way to disable the sidepanels of EZPortal.

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: RawDepth on December 21, 2009, 06:45:27 PM
Can this mod be installed if I have EzPortal installed? No other mods are installed.

I really want to make my forum .mobi friendly.

This is something that the portal softwares have to make overtures for first. SimplePortal has done this by allowing themers the option of setting $settings['disable_sp'] = true;. Tinyportal and PortaMX have a similar ability. EzPortal will need to code this functionality into their portal first before Curve Mobile can utilize it.

Download | Docs

RawDepth

Quote from: Dragooon on December 23, 2009, 10:22:50 PM
Its not a mod but a theme. And it can be installed however the sidepanels will be displayed(Which is really bad for a small screen). I could not find a way to disable the sidepanels of EZPortal.

I only have the side panels enabled for the home page. All forum and index pages display full width.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on December 23, 2009, 10:26:21 PMThis is something that the portal softwares have to make overtures for first. SimplePortal has done this by allowing themers the option of setting $settings['disable_sp'] = true;. Tinyportal and PortaMX have a similar ability. EzPortal will need to code this functionality into their portal first before Curve Mobile can utilize it.

Doesn't this theme come with an auto-detect feature? I wonder if it could be made to skip my home page and go straight to the index page, (where it won't encounter the side panels.)

Eliana Tamerin

It auto-detects your mobile phone (with the mod). It can't disable something where there's no option to. Your portal works on layers, something that every theme, including Curve Mobile, includes. Nothing Curve Mobile can do can override those layers unless the software implementing those layers makes an effort to allow such.

Download | Docs

doughboy99

On my iPod Touch(thanks Santa) the search box, main menu and the link to the fi=orum at the bottom of the screen all display in a very small font. In portrait mode it so small as to be unreadable. On my Nokia these are the same size font as the rest of the text on the screen.

In general too the overall font size seems quite small. Its not too bad in landscape but in portrait is uncomfortable to read unless I zoom in a bit which I then have to scroll horizontally.
Is this as intended? If so can I change it?

Thanks for a great theme.

Dragooon

I actually have to optimize it for iDevices, I know it has some problems with the portrait mode(I use it very less on my iTouch so I never realised it).

TemperamentalMan

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on December 17, 2009, 12:58:32 PM
Dragooon, did you forget Android and Blackberry support?

// Load all the agents for smart phones.
// name of device, string to look for
$user_agents = array(
array('iPhone', 'iPhone'),
array('iPod', 'iPod'),
array('PocketIE', 'IEMobile'),
array('Opera Mini', isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_OPERAMINI_PHONE_UA'])),
array('Opera Mobile', 'Opera Mobi'),
);

My Android phone identifies as none of those. And my own attempts at a solution haven't proved helpful. My Android user agent, though, shows up as:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux: U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KTHML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

The 1.6, T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83 parts are likely to change in various versions (especially considering the Droid/Milestone, Eris/Hero and Nexus One all running different versions from mine). Any way to capture just the "Android" portion?

Hope that helps.

I too am wondering about this.  I am especially concerned about the Blackberry devices.  They seem to still default to the WAP site.  Which file is the code listed above located in?  And is there a simple change I can use to implement Blackberry support?  This looks amazing, but most of my users will be BB :(

Thanks in advance!!!  I appreciate what you've done for the community.

Dragooon

The latest version of mod should detect blackberry.

doughboy99

This isnt switching automatially on my Nokia E63

User agent shows as:

Mozilla/5.0 (symbianos/9.2: u; series 60/3.1 nokiae63-1/100.21.110; profile/mid-2.0 configuration/cldc-1.1) AppleWebKit/413 (khtml, like gecko) Safari/413

If that helps

Dragooon

Arghhhh....the "series 60" has a space in between. Try the updates package that I just uploaded(Curve mobile mod version 1.1.1).

doughboy99

That seems to have fixed it for my Nokia thanks.

TemperamentalMan

Quote from: Dragooon on January 06, 2010, 02:42:05 AM
Arghhhh....the "series 60" has a space in between. Try the updates package that I just uploaded(Curve mobile mod version 1.1.1).

Where is the updated version?

Dragooon

bork

I've installed the theme and the mod but using a S60 phone the theme is not being selected.

Are there any settings that need to be tweaked?

Dragooon

Did you install the latest mod?

bork

I installed v1.1.1

Does user-selectable themes need to be selected?

bork

It's working now :)

I think I needed to delete the file cache from admin and it looks fine on the phone now.

Thanks a lot for a great theme, it'll make my users very happy  8)

Advertisement: