News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need Help with packages

Started by Will1054, December 13, 2009, 10:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will1054

I've been wanting to add a few packages to my SMF 2.0 RC2 forum.Mainly, Member Color Links and SMF Shop.Now, I can successfully download and install them but when I click "Redirect to Admin" the configuration settings is not there.

Please help me on this one.

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Will1054

hadesflames

The member color link mod is a default feature on 2.0, so no need to install that. Just go to Admin > Configuration > Current Theme

look for "Show group key on board index: " and tick that box, then click save. This should give you the desired effect. As for SMF Shop, are you getting anything in your error log?

Will1054

Is there away to like make it so in like the last posts in a topic, on the Board, it shows the group key?

And I still have a problem getting the settings for SMF Shop to show.

Will1054

Yeah, Everytime I Install a package it doesnt show up.When I go to un-install it every file says "Test Failed"

Please Help.

dkharp

Will I am no expert but I've been down a road that might help. In fact when i was on 110 and upgraded  I had to run the upgrade package 4 times by way of ftp'in the right upgrade package and then use the upgrade.php

1. Check to make sure that you have the right version of mod to forum.
QuoteManual Install Instructions for SMF

2. Being that 2.0 is not gold as they say. It's best to use
QuoteManual Install Instructions for SMF
and do manual edits to your files. Not just the package installer by it self.

3. When you ftp the upgrade package , my issue was the ftp client and I was going through a router. So I changed ftp clients and plugged directly into my modem. When I did all the files were overwritten perfectly.

don't know if this helps.. but I feel your pain.  what is your website by the way?

Will1054

fvglobal.netne.net

So where do I get this upgrade to run through my ftp?

Also, Im not the best manual editer of the filesd everytime I've tried of gotton errors and wasnt able to fix them lol.

Will1054

Will1054

I just tried a few other mods and none of them showed up either.

Please Help!

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

Basically any mod you install is not working? Are the settings for them showing up properly in the admin panel (if applicable)? What theme are you using?

Create a folder called temp in your Packages directory and CHMOD it to 777. Then try installing the mod again.

Will1054

Nope, this definitely isn't resolved.

This is what is happening, I go to install a mod, first I get that the package directory or one of the files in it isn't writable, So I make the "temp" folder, set it to 777, and I go to install again, I get all "Test Successful" or "Skipping File" so I proceed to the install it, I get the message saying "You will now be re-directed to package settings" it re-directs me...but no setting's.

For example, Member Color Link add's a category in the "Features and Options" section, It tekes me to Features and Options but no settings.So I go to Un-Install the package, This time it all says "Test Failed" so I proceed to un-install it.

So now I go to see if it happen's with other mods, this time I try it with "The Rules" mod, I download it into the package manager BUT at the top where it has info for the mod, support links and whatnot, it still has the Member Color Link info! So I check the "temp" folder, all the files from Member Color Link are still there, so I manually delete them from "temp", and try top install "The Rules" again, this time I get the same thing  as with color link, "Test successful", no settings,"test failed",un-install, files still in "temp".

kat

Just to check the obvious...

You ARE using the SMF default theme?

Will1054

kat

Worth checking, though. ;)

Baffling, innit?

Will1054

Still having this issue...

Also, I a few minutes ago I just re-installed RC2, while keeping the database and now for some reason noneof the thems will show up, I basically get an EXTREMELY Lite version.

Edit: Nevermind, I was just being stupid there, I got it back.

But After the re-install and a re tried this package manager, Even with the "temp" folder, at 777, I get "The Package Directory or one of the files in it are not writable".

And this Error: Will1054
Today at 09:04:28 PM
cc85c62c3ee0108bcda6809abe7d6a51
Type of error: General
http://3ssforums.freeiz.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=MemberColorLink308.zip2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resourceFile: /home/a9477442/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2492

kat

This is just an "I wonder..." thought, with that. You HAVE got the right version of that mod...?

Will1054

Yup!

It's with multiple mod's too, not just one. And by multiple I mean all of them.

kat

Do you have many other mods installed? Or, just the shop and colour links thing?

Advertisement: