News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need Help with packages

Started by Will1054, December 13, 2009, 10:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

I SO wish people wouldn't put RC software on working sites...  ;)

Will1054

I have NO Mod's installed!

I can't get any of them to work! I've tried lot's, the exact same thing happen's with all of them.

kat

I'm wondering, then, if it might pay you to get the install package, dearchive it and upload everything but NOT Settings.php and install.php to your site, overwriting what's there, now.

smartdeviceresource

Question: Does your server have PHP_Mod enabled?
after some thought, i've learned to be humble and leave the answering to the experts, until i too am an expert.  sorry to anyone who I've confused, with my answers

Will1054

@Kat: So, I download full install, un-zip it and overwrite verything EXCEPT settings.php and install.php?

@smart: Umm, Not sure, How would I go about checking?

Will1054

Would a phpinfo link help you guy's?

kat

Yep, that's what I meant.

Might be worth waiting to see what smartdeviceresource has to say, though, ay?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Patience is the key to virtue my boy! :P

kat

Will1054

Alirght, I'll wait for smart device to return.

smartdeviceresource

? what why wait for me to return? he means to check the host if they have PHP_Mod.  But I don't know how to go about that (my host advertised that they did, but I doubt most hosts make that info readily available, i.e. with out asking them, or maybe there is something in SMF that'll tell you IDK Sorry )
I may even be using the wrong term for it basically what I was saying is does your host allow for the modifcation of PHP.  In my travels on this site I've seen people not be able to modifiy and this was asked of them: whether the host allowed it. I tried to search out a post that has the question but haven't been able to find one (kinda this one, but I swear I've seen someone say PHP_Mod needs to be enabled :'( )

* nergal needs to learn to keep his mouth shut until he learns more
after some thought, i've learned to be humble and leave the answering to the experts, until i too am an expert.  sorry to anyone who I've confused, with my answers

kat

Well, you asked the question, so we thought there'd be a follow-up. :)

smartdeviceresource

Kat posted while I edited Please see amended answer (and me reference ;) )

Advertisement: