News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

View/Enter Board Permissions

Started by Arantor, December 15, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scenerip2k

same idea of the mod just more friendly version where you can specify the permissions directly from the Manage boards menu.

sattninja

how does this work i am very confused how do set this thing up
Running Rc4

sattninja

Quote from: scenerip2k on July 02, 2010, 08:09:50 AM
same idea of the mod just more friendly version where you can specify the permissions directly from the Manage boards menu.

forget my last post this worked perfectly
Running Rc4

FireDitto

This is a fantastic mod, and I can't wait until and RC3 is functional. No rush on my part, just expressing my enthusiasm for it :D

*tips hat*
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Bugo

FireDitto

So... how do I go about making this work on RC3?

Bugo

Replace files in original package

FireDitto

Okay, installed with the edits provided by Bugo. All went well on RC3 version... but, I'll be damned if I can find where I'm meant to make the edits! >_<

FireDitto

~DS~

Edits? Please do tell what you are trying to do so we can help.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

FireDitto

Sorry, it's okay.

Bugo PM'd me and we sorted it out. I'm all good now, thank you =)

forumnepali

i have just install this mod but i'am very comfuse how to set user permission  please help me guys

forumnepali

Hassan_the best

Quote from: forumnepali on July 16, 2010, 05:24:10 AM
i have just install this mod but i'am very comfuse how to set user permission  please help me guys
by going to the permissions tab?

forumnepali

Quote from: Hopey(Hassan) on July 19, 2010, 06:04:50 AM
by going to the permissions tab?

Thank you for replying Hasan ji. maine try kiya thaha par kuch huyaa hi nahi

forumnepali

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

If you want to use this mod (have successfully installed it) go to Admin Center (ACP) > Members > Permission > General Permission and edit permission for the membergroup that you want. However, you might not see membergroup that is based on post.

For you to see and edit permission post based membergroup, you have to enabled it first Admin Center (ACP) > Members > Permission > Settings. Then only you can change it as above mentioned.

Note: This mod totally delete permission options in board create / edit page.

sattninja

excellent mod man took me a minute to figure out how to set it up but it is awesome :) :)
Running Rc4

sattninja

well i may have spoke too soon everything is working except when i create a new board regular members cannot get into it no matter what i do all my existing boards are working flawlessly after install and setup but new boards just error saying off limits this all started when i had 1 read only board tat i tried to set permissions for and it told me to make a duplicate group i did all that and reg members still couldnt get to it so i just created a few test boards using default category which is what i have all the other boards set to anf they are fine but if it is a newly created board regular members are not getting in
Running Rc4

Advertisement: