News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

View/Enter Board Permissions

Started by Arantor, December 15, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

i have man i have triple checked still no go i can see the boards as a guest but cannot go into them
Running Rc4

Spoogs

sattninja

Running Rc4

Spoogs

Well thats fine... I cant think of why it would be doing that... its working flawlessly for me

sattninja

yeah i know it is weird i will play with it a lil bit and see if i can get it
Running Rc4

sattninja

well i have been trying for 2 days changing all kinds of settings and still cannot get it to where the guest can enter the board. I have changed every setting to test and nothing has worked can someone tell me exactly how this can be achieved maybe go through how to set this up maybe i missed something
Running Rc4

Spoogs

Sorry you're still having issues with this bro, no matter what I do its working as intended for me... if you dont mind can you pm me a test account with temporary admin rights so I can check it out for you.

sattninja

well i have uninstalled it cause i found out today that is was restricting access to one board for all members and i could not figure out how to fix it no matter what I can reinstall and get you the account if you would like
Running Rc4

Spoogs

So its working properly on all but 1 board...?
PM me the info, if you want me to check it out

sattninja

ok i figured it out i think I just reinstalled it but before installing i went into the boards and clicked the box for guests being able to access the board. now after install those settings go away and are no longer available. so what i needed to do was check the box for guests on the boards i want to control how guests can access after the install of the mod. i hope you understand what i mean but it is working fine now

Running Rc4

sattninja

yes i just tested it on a few boards i left guest uncheked in the pre mod board settings and sure enuff they can see the board after install but if you try to go into it it sends you to the log in screen

on the boards that i checked guest on pre mod after i install the mod they work perfectly

so i figured it out real weird but hey i am glad i figured it out

now if i could figure out why notification are not working from here i no longer get notified of replies to threads that i have set to notify me

thanks for all the help  ;)
Running Rc4

Arantor

Or it's broken since it never did that before; the whole point of the way it was originally written was to control true access, permissions set prior to the mod being installed were ignored.

sattninja

i know but if i got it working i am not sure i want to go messing with it

damn why am i not getting notification of replies
Running Rc4

Arantor

Hmm, that's probably a bug due to the way permissions are generated, since I never tested that originally. No, I am not going to debug it now, I've long since forgotten how I originally wrote it and don't have the time, energy or inclination to update it.

oOo--STAR--oOo

I have this working on SMF 2.0 RC3

It was originally on SMF RC2

I updated the website on a different domain then ported it to the MAIN domain.

I dunno how it works but it does..
Works like a treat also aslong as you have everything correct.

It was last year when I set all this up and re-ported it to RC3 but I remember having to make a few tweaks to allow it to work again.
I am pretty sure it will be as simple for anyone else.

This is the MOST valued mod on the forums as we have different sections for different groups.
So this is a MUST HAVE on our boards.

I checked to see if notifications work and they do. So I am glad..
Like I said its been a long time since installed so I am not sure what edits we did if any.

I have attached my package below.

It is probably best to put this on a NEW installation of SMF due to it being so complex.
I noticed there is loop holes in this mod but we have applied patches to recent topics and member groups gaining access to other peoples posts by viewing there posts on there profiles.

Its the BEST mod on SMF and something like this needs to be on the default SMF setup as people want to only allow access for certain people to certain boards.

Choice is best.

I am currently waiting on gold before I do my final update and will try my best to get it working on there also..
IT BETTER HAD DO. lol.

Thanks for this mod and please try my package anyone that wants to try and get this working.
Also works on any theme for me.

I would love to see some one update and release a WORKING version for all current versions of SMF.
Maybe this will help some one.

You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

live627

Well... someone might ask for the package to  be removed to comply with  the license here

Arantor

Quote from: live627 on April 15, 2011, 11:59:42 PM
Well... someone might ask for the package to  be removed to comply with  the license here

Yup, this package is in breach of licence.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Whoops sorry. I didn't know you couldn't repost a package. I just seen so many people attaching other fixs to things thought it was cool.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

live627

Attaching a file for help like maybe a parse error is fine. Posting the code changes made to a mod o allow it to install is also fine. The two major no-no's are attaching a mod (redistributing it) or attaching SMF (redistributing it)

Advertisement: