News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

View/Enter Board Permissions

Started by Arantor, December 15, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oOo--STAR--oOo

Ahh kk. Well I didn't think them rules would apply to attaching it to a topic it originated from.
Thanks for the info.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

MiY4Gi

Is this mod gonna get updated? I tried installing (with the manual edits) and I got a server error. Has anyone got this mod to work on 2.0 Gold?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

There may be a new mod for this for SMF 2.0 Gold.

oOo--STAR--oOo

I have the package from RC2 that I have edited in the past and I installed the same package on GOLD without any problems.
Unfortunately it was a LONG time ago when I edited this package to install on later SMF versions so I have no idea what edits I have made.
If the author allows me to post the package here to help others I will.

So if your reading this get back to me as it seems some people would like this.

In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Are you sure that there is no error at all aljo1985? So far that I have checked there is a lot of errors produced by the last RC2 & RC3 packaged here last time.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Yes 100% installs perfect
Here is proof.. SMF GOLD fresh install.. no errors....

Like I said.. I edited this a very long time ago when I had to adapt my forums to the latest RC version so its just been continued and it was a very long time ago since I have had to update it.. It installed fine on last update no modifications needed.. Here is pictures for you.

In Design Phase!

Jessica.

good mod. why isn't this in SMF by default?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

MiY4Gi

Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

aljo1985, I really mean error free not free error during installation only. Do check your error logs to confirm this is error free.

MiY4Gi, it is not the same at all. That is access alone. No access means no view at all. Here the mod control view as well. So you can view but have no access to the board rather than no access at all. It works differently.

MiY4Gi

I see.

Well, then the Look But No Read Mod, is similar, although it's outdated.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: ahrasis on August 17, 2011, 07:54:11 PM
No, not really. Have a look here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=256206.msg3095070#msg3095070

Yes error free. Zero errors in the error log. I am using this now and have done since way back when.

In Design Phase!

Your quote is referring to something else i.e. Look But No Read mod that works with SMF 2.0 Gold. And I am replying to MiY4Gi as she said it is outdated.

Anyway, it is a good news that you have successfully made the changes to that mod that really works with no error.

However, I prefer to use View Only Boards Mod.

agentblackhat

Be careful when using this mod, there are several loopholes which allows anyone to view the content in the private area. Also, if you change the description on a board your members will be locked out and there is no way to fix this problem without uninstalling.

Arantor

I'll bet it's more likely that you didn't configure it properly rather than the mod misbehaving.

agentblackhat

Quote from: Arantor on January 31, 2014, 11:00:11 AM
I'll bet it's more likely that you didn't configure it properly rather than the mod misbehaving.

I wish this was the case.

DSystem

Use this mod for over a year and have no problems.

Running perfectly on SMF 2.07

gigashiga

Quote from: DSystem on February 05, 2014, 11:52:33 AM
Use this mod for over a year and have no problems.

Running perfectly on SMF 2.07

great  mod
but me not able to use it
smf 2.07

in browse package I am not getting install option
when i upload this mod package is uploaded successfully and that time i get install option

and when clicking on it
i get this error
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

i tried downloading it again . downloaded file size is 4.24 kb 

Arantor

The clue is 'not compatible with this version'. Version emulate will be your friend, but to be honest, if this is a difficult concept, even more so will be explaining how to actually use it and then it'll be my fault for your site not working how you want...

Advertisement: