News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

View/Enter Board Permissions

Started by Arantor, December 15, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

QuoteFor all of your boards,since this is impossible to do when mod is installed (at least for me).

Of course it is, why leave it active when it doesn't work?

Bounty_y2k

Makes sense but it keeps permissions from before the mod install :S

Arantor

What do you mean? The mod replaces all the handling, so uninstalling should revert it to how it was before you installed it - unless you didn't uninstall it properly, and given the issues you have, this wouldn't surprise me... because I don't think it got installed properly. Or it's buggy, it was written originally for SMF years ago and I haven't had time to review how it works to make sure it works again on current SMF.

Bounty_y2k

I am aware of that. And it did install and uninstall cleanly. But still the mod somehow keeps permissions from before installing it. I got it worked out,sorry for trouble. It could have been that my theme is bugged,that is an option too.

Arantor

I still don't really understand what you mean by 'keeps permissions from before installing it'... the mod will ignore whatever was set beforehand and uninstalling it will revert to whatever you had before. Like the mod page kind of actually says it will do.

Bounty_y2k

Maybe its some kind of bug on my theme but I am 100% sure that when I modify the 'Allowed Groups' changes stays even when installing the mod again.
With that I solved my problem believe or not :D

gigashiga

is it compatible with 2.0.9 ?

i get this error.

Installations actions for "View / Enter Board Permissions"
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burt

Hi Arantor...

I'm trying to install your mod on SMF 2.0.12 but

The mod can't find:

WHERE {query_see_board}  in Subs-BoardIndex.php

The only WHERE I can see is:

WHERE ' . $query_see_board . (empty($boardIndexOptions['countChildPosts']) ? (empty($boardIndexOptions['base_level']) ? '' : '

Could you help?

Thank you

Burt

If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Arantor

It needs a fairly substantial rewrite that I don't have the time or inclination to do right now, sorry.

Burt

Understood...

I just spent all day try to get the Guest to see the available Boards but not to access them, and I can't come up with nothing that works on 2.0.12...

The closest one I got was View only Boards but it gives me DB errors... Look But No Read is no longer available... and Suki  Hide Topics from Guest, for some mysterious reason, makes the Toggle View stop working when you post a new post...

Any suggestions??? :)

Like most other forum, I would like to show people what's available but only if they register....
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Burt

Or even if you could suggest a line to replace in a similar way back in 2005...

WHERE ($user_info[query_see_board]" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? " OR b.ID_BOARD IN (12, 13)" : '') .')' . (empty($modSettings['countChildPosts']) ? "
         AND b.childLevel <= 1" : ''), __FILE__, __LINE__);

:)

Arantor

That line is from 1.1.x, you can't just tweak it.

Burt

So the bottom line is that with SMF 2.0.12 there are no mods available to allow guest to only view the index but not the posts contents... :(

No worries...

Fotosettore

Quote from: Burt on November 09, 2016, 02:46:29 AM
So the bottom line is that with SMF 2.0.12 there are no mods available to allow guest to only view the index but not the posts contents... :(
No worries...

hi ...
any news about solution ?

juliereader

sorry for a noob question But can anyone please tell me how to implement this on SPECIFIC BOARD?

I tired to add permission for GUESTS to VIEW BOARD & ENTER BOARD

but the forum gave error of

"An Error Has Occurred!
Invalid value inserted or no type specified"

I only want GUESTS to STOP seeing TOPICS of SPECIFIC BOARD

Advertisement: