View/Enter Board Permissions

Started by Arantor, December 15, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

That wasn't what I meant. This is, inherently, a complex mod to install. Sufficiently so that it confuses people, and if someone is confused by a less complex idea, they are going to be so much more confused later.

This is one of the mods I wish I'd never written.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Precisely my point. If someone is confused by installation, configuration is likely to be something beyond them (as this mod requires permission profiles and stuff since that's how 2.0 board permissions work)

margarett

gigashiga

Quote from: gigashiga on May 10, 2014, 03:45:15 AM
Quote from: DSystem on February 05, 2014, 11:52:33 AM
Use this mod for over a year and have no problems.

Running perfectly on SMF 2.07

great  mod
but me not able to use it
smf 2.07

in browse package I am not getting install option
when i upload this mod package is uploaded successfully and that time i get install option

and when clicking on it
i get this error
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

i tried downloading it again . downloaded file size is 4.24 kb

Sir/Mam, version emulation didn't worked for me,
because browse package I am not getting install option. when browsing packages
and if i try to upload again I get same same error

I am a novice and not a pro technically.

Bounty_y2k

Quote from: Bounty_y2k on January 09, 2015, 04:50:57 AM
Hi,I recently installed "View / Enter Board Permissions" and it works very well. But now I can't set the permission for guest to be able to see some boards.

I made a permission profile 'Default BB' witch has Viewing and Entering board on to Guests. But still boards with this profile asks guests to register first...any ideas why?

Another question General Permissions are only for Default profile?
:S

Arantor

QuoteBut still boards with this profile asks guests to register first...any ideas why?

I don't know, have you actually configured it correctly? Link to site?

QuoteAnother question General Permissions are only for Default profile?

General Permissions apply outside of boards. Board Permissions apply in profiles.

Bounty_y2k

Yeah all boards have DefaultBB permission in witch allows guests to see and enter boards.
boombox.rs/forum

Profiles?

Arantor

Um... yes... profiles, as in the DefaultBB profile that you have applied, this is a profile that applies to boards. And of course you'll get the registration screen if you only give out permission to see a board and not to enter it for guests in that profile that applies to all boards.

Bounty_y2k

In general permissions guests viewing board was enabled and i enabled 'Use basic forum functionality' too,still guests cant enter boards..

Arantor

You gave them permission to view the board, yes. So they can see it on the board listing. Unless you give them permission to *enter* the board, they can't actually see anything *in* it and therefore get tossed to the login page.

And 'use basic forum functionality' is irrelevant in this context.

Bounty_y2k

Sorry, I was thinking about viewing AND entering I just didn't write it xD

I have checked everywhere all profiles are set to view AND enter but guests still can't...:S

Arantor

All the profiles? Considering SMF doesn't even let you change all the base profiles, I find myself slight skeptical that 'all profiles are set' for that.

Bounty_y2k

General permissions:

DefaultBB permission:

All boards set to:

And those two permissions are:

Still when entering board as guest it shows me login form...:S

Arantor

Given that you have other things where this mod doesn't behave as expected (since the code I gave you in that other thread seemed to work for me on a test board) I'd wonder what else is wrong with your installation. I hate to say it but I really don't have the time to properly investigate this - do remember that I wrote this mod 5 years ago and don't really remember how it works and I'm currently trying to get enough work together to keep a roof over my head... this really is not my priority, I'm sorry.

Bounty_y2k

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: Bounty_y2k on January 11, 2015, 12:34:31 AM
Oh,okay then sorry :)
dude your back ground images for your theme looks like an over enlarged herniated dual layer keyboard piano

Bounty_y2k

Arantor sorry I have just uninstalled the mod and it shows no boards at all,checked the permissions also. I must check the code..:S

Bounty_y2k

I just found out what is happening...
Anyone that has problems with this try the next thing.

Uninstall the mod,set all the "Allowed Groups" in ACP > Forum > Boards > -pick a board- > Modify > Allowed Groups.
For all of your boards,since this is impossible to do when mod is installed (at least for me). Then install the mod again and it all works perfectly. :)

Advertisement: