News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Calendar features...

Started by Kindred, May 09, 2005, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

OK...   I'm a code hack. I can modify other people's code normally, to get it to do what I want... but this is a little beyond me.

Here's what I want to do, maybe someone can either give me some help or even suggestions. :)

First, I am using Grudge's Manage Holiday mod as a baseline, since that allows easy entry of new holidays and includes an import feature for quick entry of multiple new holidays.

That being said, I have been requested to find/make a mod that does the following:
1- Allows holidays to span multiple days.  Many of the holidays we're trying to enter span a week or even the entire month.

2- Allows detail to be entered for each holiday.
(This one, I sort of haved sussed out. I added a field to the smf_calendar_holidays table called 'details' (TEXT type))

3- On mouseover of the holiday in the calendar, if the details field exists, pop-up a cell that contains the details (an explanation of the holiday, usually)  This should be do-able with hidden cells, yes?  (but then I have to change the holidays into links, I think. Can mosueover be used on normal text?)

4- Increase the size of the holiday title field.   I think this is as simple as just changing the smf_calendar_hoidays title field from varchar(30) to charchar(48)...  yes?

Any help would be appreiated... if someone wants to actually do it, you'll have my undying appreciation... (but I don't actually have a budget for this)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cinestar

Im seeking someting similar. I would like to add additional detail to each holiday entered so that I can create a "This day in history" type of feature.

Basically as it is right now grudge's mod allow for just the name of the holiday, but way to actually add addirional data to the entry.

I run a community site for animators so for example:
One of my holidays entered would be: Tex Avery's Birthday
The description would go onto telling people a brieft little history of what he did etc...

Advertisement: